Moab or Bust (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.flickr.com
Well D day finally came had a rough start to the trip getting throw US customs. Just a word of warning, if you bring pet food across the border make sure it is in the original bag . After repacking the truck one more time thanks to customs we were on our way short one bin of dog food. We made pretty good time despite going throw Seattle in rush hour. Until it came time to find our hotel, we ran into a little problem with the navigator not getting the instructions to the driver in time and going by a few exits and a bunch of extra turns... the good news is we have lots of time to work the kinks out of the system. Once we got booked in to the hotel it was time to replace the dog food and find some dinner at 9:05. Amazingly there is not a whole lot open in Tacoma at that hour, off to Fred Meyers to get dog food and some fast food place for my dad and I. Tomorrow California bound…:beer:

Got Home last night, Should be at the meeting tonight if I can stay awake that long... Just about to start going throw all of the photo and putting them in some sort of an order. I am already starting to make plans for next year:grinpimp:

Poor guy in Hell's Revenge. Did he slip into the wall hard or just casually pin striped it in? Looks like a fun trip but don't know if the bare rock :eek: would be for me - driver or passenger.

After loosing brakes in a buddies 4B (him driving) we went over the edge at the bottom of the grade and landed ass backward with the frame side against the trees about 3/4 up the trees. It was another 150' down to the valley floor with truck size boulders everywhere. I always feel a whole lot better if there are some trees nearby. Four trees were left when they built the corner. It was all that saved my buddy and me. I still p*ss people off by going slow down long or steep logging roads.

Anyways, I enjoyed the great pics. :beer: , John

Poor guy in Hell's Revenge. Did he slip into the wall hard or just casually pin striped it in? Looks like a fun trip but don't know if the bare rock :eek: would be for me - driver or passenger.

After loosing brakes in a buddies 4B (him driving) we went over the edge at the bottom of the grade and landed ass backward with the frame side against the trees about 3/4 up the trees. It was another 150' down to the valley floor with truck size boulders everywhere. I always feel a whole lot better if there are some trees nearby. Four trees were left when they built the corner. It was all that saved my buddy and me. I still p*ss people off by going slow down long or steep logging roads.

Anyways, I enjoyed the great pics. :beer: , John

The Land Rover put a small dent and scratch on the rear upper pannel but got lucky... I ended up taking the video camera out of his spotters hands and shooting the video for them. The Bronco was another story he put it right over on the drivers side and then the passanger side before banning his way up. All the trucks from our group made it up with out any problems.

As for brakes most of the time you are in first gear letting the engine do the braking and feathering the brake peddle a little if you need to go slower. Hardest thing for me was going up with out stalling. I need to master right foot on the gas, left foot on the brake... I have a year to learn... I''m glad you enjoyed the pics:beer:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom