MOAB October 1-14, 2017!! CANCELLED (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Welp... the worst of the worst case scenarios happened today.

My new "boss" that has constantly made my life worse and worse since the day he arrived a few months ago decided he's going to deploy me in late September for a few months. As of today my leave request has already been disapproved.

Wow, that's out of left field and sucks royal. Deploy you to where? I thought you were (over) due to get out of there.

I assume this is pretty much set in stone?

Last edited:

My new "boss" that has constantly made my life worse and worse since the day he arrived a few months ago decided he's going to deploy me in late September for a few months. As of today my leave request has already been disapproved.

That sucks....when I was in uniform on the army side many moons ago we had very little flexibility. Currently my leave is in the electronic system as "applied for" , but not yet formally approved, but supervisor said he supported it so I should be good.

I know being in uniform brings on many things that you have no choice in and no way to manage/alter their course. Hopefully something will come along that will change the deployment orders or timing.

Well hell that really is crappy news hate to hear it after all this planning and preparation. Who knows maybe its an early April fools joke.
As others have inquired, Where you being deployed?
:beer:

Japan I think.

I don't want anything besides complete engines though and I don't see any way to get something like that back over the pond. :(

Transporting stuff is simple. Getting it onto the ship, Not-so-much.

And Roger's comment is correct anyway; I work with P-3's. If I can get stuff onto base and onto the plane, the rest is easy.

Transporting stuff is simple. Getting it onto the ship, Not-so-much.

And Roger's comment is correct anyway; I work with P-3's. If I can get stuff onto base and onto the plane, the rest is easy.

"Make it Happen, Captain"

This news is both unwanted and disappointing. Steve and I have spoken briefly offline in the last couple of days and as I understand it it's not quite set in stone but that may be a mere formality at this point.

Additional disappointing news is that Josh and his dad (John) are out as well.

These 2 pieces of information put me in the rotten situation Roger had feared for himself in that he (now "I") doesn't/don't have anyone to ride with. The "hardcore" group has essentially been decimated with these 2 losses and leaves only the moderate guys in tact with 6 or 8 rigs.

So, I'm now forced to recruit hardcore guys to replace the above losses. The problem is the pool of potentials is pretty small to start with and virtually none of them I would have wheeled with to any great extent. I've already gone through pretty much everyone I know with a 36" tire or bigger and I'm coming up empty.

I'm not declaring anything at all and I know things can change a great deal in a very short period of time. In 2015 things didn't really kick off until GSMTR and really took until July to firm up so there's still a lot of time for things to change. But, I wanted to vent some of my thoughts in an attempt to find potential solutions or even alternative ideas so that we/I have time to plan accordingly.

Obviously this will be a large topic around the campfire this weekend.

Last edited:
Does Steve still have the 80 series? If so, that'll be just fine in Moab.
:beer:

I'll throw some 33s back on the Mashed tater and cross my fingers. :eek:

No. Nick's buddy Matt took it to Memphis.

Like you sold it to him or he just drove it back for you? I forgot about that spud. That would fit the bill for a beater real nice.

@FJCRAWLER I think you've tried to pawn that thing off in every thread on the board. FYI, I'm going to have a copilot at AOP who might be interested.

@FJCRAWLER I think you've tried to pawn that thing off in every thread on the board. FYI, I'm going to have a copilot at AOP who might be interested.

what!?, get your sh!t finished already would ya. :mad::flipoff2:

might be wrong but don't think Rocky can unload that thing for what he's askin' I'm afraid. Saw a similar 4-Runner for $5K, guy started at $7k and still hadn't sold it at the reduced price.

Steve, you've likely had a great run with stateside assignments, I know it sucks now with this trip planning. Maybe things will change...I'm guessing you guys have some mandatory requirements for either ship tours or overseas deployments.

Well I've got some fixes that went up in smoke (my cam offset fix turned into wiring issue somewhere yet unknown, and my swap to a stock CS144 ALT also turned into some exploratory wiring so far unsolved). I'll either fix it or shoot it over the next week or two.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom