MOAB October 1-14, 2017!! CANCELLED (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Dates confirmed at Grandpa's!!!

If it wasn't totally official before, it sure as hell is now!

September 23rd - October 7th.

I'm surprised he wants us back!
IMG_20140705_113919_595.jpg

Dates confirmed at Grandpa's!!!

If it wasn't totally official before, it sure as hell is now!

September 23rd - October 7th.

Hell YES!!!!! I needed this.

I am jumping in a little late here, been awhile since I was in the GA clubhouse.
The dates do miss the SCC but only give me 4 days to recover and fix anything that is broke, a couple weeks earlier would be better,
and unless I can get a truck driver to go with me it is a 2.5 day drive if I do it by myself.
I don't want to do the extreme wheeling and continuous vehicle repair that you all are into, so unless we get a moderate group to commit,
I am not interested.
Another area to consider is Sand Mountain, down by St George (4 Hrs south of Moab), the posts look awesome and I talked to Woody about it at the SCC. The area is wide open, wheel where ever you want and it is in Woody's back yard.
We could base out of his place for a few days then head to Moab.
I do plan to go to Moab next year, may be in June or September, we'll see how the groups work out.
We can talk at the annual meeting

I'm interested in doing something that a "FJ60" can do...and I know that may not be fun for the mini-trucks & buggie types or even FJ40's. On a personal level based on work I have problems doing anything in the month Sept. I do like the moderate weather in OCT as it seems to me...to be at least the best of both worlds...not crazy hot in the daytime and cooler at night.

A little above ANY of our rigs' level of ability, but very motivational video IMO.

Good thing Beno's Cuiser is RHD, or he might've gone over. :/

I may have to print and frame that one.

My last Moab pic. Right before things got tippy and i acted a fool ;) but a great trip still. I will be finishing my work in WY around Oct1. maybe i can swing by for a few trails.

Just a idea, anyone with closer to stock trucks that might be interested in breaking off from the group for a few days and doing more of a oveland type trail like Kokopelli or the Mexican Hat trail?

Sorry, not trying to derail your trip or your plans.

Closer to stock indeed! I would be interested in both Kokopelli and Mexican hat. We didn't even hit Arches while we were out there!
The wife is coming with this time as well.

2013 Oct Utah Poster.jpg

Cool. my normal end date for my WY job is usually Oct 1. I will be starting lat because i am going to Peru. So i dont want to push my luck. but maybe i can end a few days early and hook up with you guys.

Bump. This conversation has taken some twists and turns on the STLCA page. If you are SERIOUS about going please provide your input in the other thread:

Moab 2017

The original dates are PERFECT. September/October is one of the best times to go from what I've gathered.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom