MOAB October 1-14, 2017!! CANCELLED (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I'm planning for this trip. Count me in. Is it reasonable to plan to make a conservative trip there? I mean whereas I'd likely drive out and back, so will need to play it safe enough to make sure I have a way home. Can a Jeep tag along? My brother may be interested in going in his Rubykon.
You'll be fine to drive there and back if you wheel conservatively. And if not, there are plenty of parts stores in town and we'll have plenty of tools.

A J##p Rubicon will do great out there and he's welcome to join. :)

Last edited:
:lol:

Let's see: I'll be there for a week in October then again at the first week of December...

Desert who-doo lands are way different with snow and cold.

Straight out of Abbey @HENDOG
Oct of 2016? When in Oct? I will be passing through there starting around 4th and then eventually heading to Arkansas for the event on the 13th ish.

similar arrangements as last time with respect to "lodging" ?

similar arrangements as last time with respect to "lodging" ?
I sure hope so. I honestly think it won't be remotely as good of a trip otherwise. I'll admit it... I'm spoiled now!
Our digs made that trip memorable on so many more levels than just the wheeling.

I'd posted on the first page I'm committed to this voyage, reckon it got whacked! but just to be sure
I'MMMMMM INNNNNNN. Unless an unforseen market crash or ELE Meteor strike deviates the timing of this excursion
my happy ass is planning on being in Utah in October 2017! "SO LET IT BE SAID SO LET IT BE WRITTEN"
:beer:

Count me in + :princess: and Bulldog. I would like to attend SCC then head west for the following few weeks! May bring this, then hangout till Turf and Surf (Pismo Beach Cali). The other scenario would be Moab 1st then SCC but that may screw up Beno's plans!

20160310_193213.jpg

Hey Ted Tate will be a retired Public Servant by then also!!!! I know how you love them so:grinpimp:.

Hey Ted Tate will be a retired Public Servant by then also!!!! I know how you love them so:grinpimp:.

Yes, I have 2 word for you guys and it aint happy birthday. :flipoff2:

Ted, your dates of 23 Sept through 7 October look pretty good. Just gotta hope SCC ends up being the second weekend in October and not the first - for anyone trying to do both.

Ted, your dates of 23 Sept through 7 October look pretty good. Just gotta hope SCC ends up being the second weekend in October and not the first - for anyone trying to do both.

That's kind of what I was basing it on, if not we can adjust 1 week either way. Frankly I think I'd prefer mid to late October.

Ordered the 6 Shooters so Moab prep you could say has begun.:clap:

I know I'm a tag-along potential ....I'm locked out of Sept due to work, Oct is where things could work.

That's kind of what I was basing it on, if not we can adjust 1 week either way. Frankly I think I'd prefer mid to late October.
Well I was kinda thinking of going ahead and calling Danny now to [hopefully] ensure our reservation, so that's why I brought it up so we could firm up the dates ASAP. My input would be that this time frame is pretty good since, if you recall, Danny said it was atypically warm when we were there before. That being said, pushing it even later than last time will run a high chance of substantially cooler weather IMO. I know we can't actually know what the rain and temps will do, but I'd like to do everything possible to attempt to recreate the weather from last time.

Ordered the 6 Shooters so Moab prep you could say has begun.:clap:
Sweet! I got the diff in the mail yesterday and should have two new [lifetime warranty] Yukon 5.29's when I get home today. Reluctantly sold one of my complete 5.29 ARB diffs, but with that cash I'm picking up a nearly new V6 rear with Yukon 5.29's and a Zip Locker, a complete IFS 5.29 locked diff and a used IFS lunchbox locker. (The IFS stuff will be going right back up for sale)

Well I was kinda thinking of going ahead and calling Danny now to [hopefully] ensure our reservation, so that's why I brought it up so we could firm up the dates ASAP. My input would be that this time frame is pretty good since, if you recall, Danny said it was atypically warm when we were there before. That being said, pushing it even later than last time will run a high chance of substantially cooler weather IMO. I know we can't actually know what the rain and temps will do, but I'd like to do everything possible to attempt to recreate the weather from last time.

Sweet! I got the diff in the mail yesterday and should have two new [lifetime warranty] Yukon 5.29's when I get home today. Reluctantly sold one of my complete 5.29 ARB diffs, but with that cash I'm picking up a nearly new V6 rear with Yukon 5.29's and a Zip Locker, a complete IFS 5.29 locked diff and a used IFS lunchbox locker. (The IFS stuff will be going right back up for sale)

You're right, for some reason I was thinking we were out there late October last year but it was actually 10/5-10/17, I do remember Danny saying that so late Sept - early Oct. would be perfect.

I'd call him to see if there are any conflicts at least and set the dates. I assume we can change later down the road if needed.

Rear disc conversion this weekend too, parts in hand.

glad it showed up, for $109 in shipping I almost coulda flown it out there myself.

You're right, for some reason I was thinking we were out there late October last year but it was actually 10/5-10/17, I do remember Danny saying that so late Sept - early Oct. would be perfect.
I'd call him to see if there are any conflicts at least and set the dates. I assume we can change later down the road if needed..
I'll contact him and see if we can get those dates. Bodean confirmed that SCC 2017 will NOT be the first weekend in October, so we're good there too.

Rear disc conversion this weekend too, parts in hand..
Did y'all end up getting the one bracket and making dupes? This is for putting the IFS brakes out back, right? And if so, how big of a m/c is that going to require? Just upgrading to the Monte Carlo single-piston calipers requires upgrading to a 7/8-15/16 bore. I'd think the Yota 4-piston calipers may need even more than that.

glad it showed up, for $109 in shipping I almost coulda flown it out there myself.
Yeah, I feel bad it cost you that much. Thanks for getting it to me though. And I'm glad to see the ring gear in "good" shape. I'm surprised the pinion died but the ring gear is still usable (for a spare of course). Hopefully one of my old pinions is good enough to put with it to make a good emergency spare.

I'll contact him and see if we can get those dates. Bodean confirmed that SCC 2017 will NOT be the first weekend in October, so we're good there too.

Did y'all end up getting the one bracket and making dupes? This is for putting the IFS brakes out back, right? And if so, how big of a m/c is that going to require? Just upgrading to the Monte Carlo single-piston calipers requires upgrading to a 7/8-15/16 bore. I'd think the Yota 4-piston calipers may need even more than that.

Yeah, I feel bad it cost you that much. Thanks for getting it to me though. And I'm glad to see the ring gear in "good" shape. I'm surprised the pinion died but the ring gear is still usable (for a spare of course). Hopefully one of my old pinions is good enough to put with it to make a good emergency spare.

Not sure if you've met Randy but he has a Zuk buggy running Toy axles and rear discs, we pulled one of his and had 5 or 6 sets plasma cut copies made. We'll be running non-IFS front mini truck calipers and rotors since John already had about 3 sets of calipers on hand, I picked up 2 new rotors today for $25 each at AZ.

I believe my current V6 MC will work and from what I've read it should as it's 1" bore, if not then I'll do a GM. John on the other hand will have to get a new one but I'm the Ginny pig right now.

Agreed on the pinion, it's usually the ring gear that goes. No reason to feel bad about the shipping, you're not the one that broke my junk. I'm just sorry it took so damned long to get it back to you but I am glad it finally made it. I guess now I can finally close the books on the Moab 2015 expenses.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom