Moab in a stocker HEEP (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I need some advice. My son and I are going to Moad for some lite wheeling and camping. We will have about two days the end of april. After looking at some previous posts on Mudd it looks like White rim and fins and things might be our ticket. Is there any good camping on fins which we might start about 2:00 in the PM. Then head over to White rim the next day. I am renting a jeep cheeroke form enterprise(with full coverage of course:p).

Is this a plausible plan for some of you who have been there?
Any suggestions welcome.

I have ordered Moab for dummies--In this case appropriately named:doh:--for reference

You can still rent a Cherokee?:D They stopped making them in 2001.

Anyway, there are a lot of trails in Moab that can be run in a stock 4wd.

I can't help you with those trails though, we always ran the harder ones to get our money's worth.

Moab is a blast no matter what. Have fun.:bounce:

Jack

You'll be fine on White Rim as long as its dry and without snow; be sure your spare, jack, lug wrench is there...plenty of water and food 'just in case' as its remote...but fairly well travelled. I heard last week WR has been re-opened after the massive washouts they had last fall.

If you want to camp/overnight on WR be sure to get your campsite reservations in ASAP or potentially lose out. Otherwise its a nice day run too...

I suggest, if you are going to do WR, to go up through the bottom side from Moab (Potash Road through Shafer Basin) and drive up Shafer Switchbacks (again assuming no mud)...and then back down before starting White Rim trail. The switchbacks are incredible and easily doable in a stocker!

The other great place to visit/explore even in a stocker is the San Rafael Swell.

If you want more ideas PM me with your phone # and I'll gladly help you out...

You got me Jack:eek:. I am for sure not a Jeep guy. What are they wagoneers now? My only other choice was a KIA SUV.:confused:

Dan thanks for confirming the White rim trail is doable. Now I have learned dogs aren't allowed in the backcoutry even in cars. My son has two he wanted to take so maybe we might do the San rafeal swell. I might take you up on your offer to talk. But let me get that book I ordered and see what trails might be available for our time constrants. It would be nice to talk to someone who has been over them.:banana:
THANKS

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom