Moab: Columbus Day Weekend (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Regarding the locker talk above. I don't need to move an inch to get mine engaged. The tires may need to move but the vehicle doesn't. If you get any spin you are good to go.

Not sure why the discussion. Maybe in a spot where the tires didn't move? Doubt it. Lock the pig and accelerate slowly, the front or rear will lock and off you go.

ARB's will lock easier but not always instant, may feel closer to instant though. Still should require minor movement for the alignment. OME e-lockers have a coarser lockup than the ARB's.

Fins is fine. Its all fun to me. A stock 60 will scrap and drag all over on it and may have problems on some of the steep climbs. Porcipine rim was difficult in sections for 60's that were lifted, open and bigger tires at CM07.

G

Rudy

Have you seen what I drive? No lift. No sliders. No beefy rear bumper. No receiver hitch.

Don't worry Marc, you wont' be going there anyway...:D Just get that thing sold and pick up an 80 and then you can talk about possibly going to Moab or not!

...Just get that thing sold...

Can you help me out with that? If someone offered me $4k for it I'd probably go for it but that's probably still above 'market value' considering recent trends away from gas hogs and especially since mine has the miles it has. I think people are more scared of the mileage than the salvage title.

... but that's probably still above 'market value' considering recent trends away from gas hogs and especially since mine has the miles it has. I think people are more scared of the mileage than the salvage title.

What are nice clean FJ60s going for on 'Mud and on eBay? That should help you decided what the value should be. Holding out for an amount significantly above market value is an exercise in futility.

It is now just a truck that you want to sell. Drop the emotional attachment and reserve your emotional capital for the new-to-you vehicle that replaces it.

-Mike-

Nice clean trucks seem to be selling on MUD anywhere from $3,500 - $5,000. EBAY is all over the place and it's tough to get a sense of reality. AutoTrader is $2,000 for rusty crap up to $8,000 for low mileage units in mint condition, more if they have tons of extras. I don't want to go too low because I don't want to be without a funtioning Cruiser for 2 years while I save up to make up the $2K - $3K difference between what mine would sell for and an 80 would cost.

Rudy

Have you seen what I drive? No lift. No sliders. No beefy rear bumper. No receiver hitch.

Marc, I was joking. I hope you would not take your 60 out on the trails, unless you didn't care about it getting beat up, but that is not the case. Despite the small lift, bigger tires and hitch, I thought I was not going to wheel my truck because I had two calls saying the sliders were being delayed. I didn't want to take the chance. Like Grahm said, a stock 60 would drag quite a bit, even on some of the drops on Fins. I really would not want someone to put their truck in a situation that something could easily break.

I was being goofy too.
My truck drags pretty much everywhere I go, but so far hasn't ripped anything off. I don't want to rip anything off. I certainly don't want to crunch the rockers either (or anything else) especially since I'm trying to sell it.

I'm home. Soft, not runny.

My turn for pics. Unfortunately, I've exceeded my upload at Flickr for the month. Alas, here are a few.

2950005003_fd2b5fbbc8.jpg

2950855952_97840407b6.jpg

2950855470_164b17a89d.jpg

2950005795_c178e8d453.jpg

Last edited:
One more thanks to Keun.
pappyjon.jpg

Video from Moab

Evan, Mike and Rory going up wedgie. Sorry about the crappy camera, but i got it cheap. Hopefully the links work becuse my first tries to embed it didn't work.

YouTube - Moab- Poison Spider

YouTube - Wedgie

Last edited:
Thanks Rory.

Rudy

Very nice Jon - great photography as usual!

Of course it doesn't hurt to have great subjects - 4X4 Toyotas in Moab - what's not to love!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom