1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moab budget? Like toedully!

Discussion in 'Chit-Chat' started by T Y L E R, Jul 5, 2005.

1. T Y L E R

T Y L E R

Single guy ... lots of professional girls. Eating and drinking like a King. Waddya say ? $45-50 bucks a nite? :D

The moment I touch down in Moab for CM, until the day I return what kind of bill am I looking at. Camping in a tent with that girl in the green t-shirt and pretty legs .. ;p J/K!!! *dodging back and forth as Romer takes aim* - Don't worry I'm a tard ..

So I know a lot will be specific to the individuals tastes etc, but screw it, lemme know regardless. Try and remember back to what left your bank accout, credit cards .. eventual cell phone and internet bills ... everything incurred within that CM timeframe.

$1K USD .. $3K USD ???

TY

2. mabrodis

mabrodis

I didn't go to CM this year, but have been to Moab a few times...let's add up a few numbers...

Tent camping at Slick Rock Campground $18/night.

I'm guessing "eating and drinking like a king" would mean eating breakfast out each morning, packing a cooler with good stuff for lunch and eating out each night...morning would probably run you $10/person or so, lunch is whatever you want, if bringing food on the trail then probably $10-15 would be enough stuff for 2-3 days of trail lunches, then dinner I'd figure in $20/person...so for you and a minor :D , probably $37 per day per person for food...then if you want beer, wine around the campfire (too young to drink in a bar) :D that'd be more...

Now gas for your rig, 4wheeling is not good for gas mileage, atleast not with a gas engine, with my 80 I got maybe 5mpg while wheeling, all slowspeed and needing to floor-it at times really eats up gas. So I'd figure dumping in about 1/2 tank each morning before going out, might not use all that but I'd error on the side of too much gas...so 1/2 tank would be about 10 gal, at $2.30/gal (atleast!) is $23...so about $23 for gas each day I'd say.

So adding those up...

$18/night = tent camping
    $37/day = food/drink
    $23/day = gas

So figure ~$78/day, and some extra for food/drink for the girl, and I'd say you'd do ok...course if you're popping off cristal to impress the ladies that bill may run higher... :D

Edit: This is US money, not that fake monopoly stuff you guys use up North. :D

3. T Y L E R

T Y L E R

If I bring a bag of it though, and a few motel pcs can I borrow your Echo for CM ?? :D

TY

PS: You crack me up with that minor stuff .. :flipoff2: . Gotta get em while they're fresh .. more flexible . 20-30 is where it's at .. But then theres nothing wrong with a sexy 40 yr old either. Gawwwwwwwwd, I'm so torn! :idea: :crybaby:

4. Tigerstripe40

Tigerstripe40

I've done moab for as little at $125 (gas)
    I've spent as much as $500.

$18 per night is a rip off, unless you are staying in Slickrock campground during Cruise Moab.

Otherwise, drive up Kane Creek Blvd past Moab Rim, past Cliffhanger. There are a number of camp sites you can camp at for free, or $10 per night if you feel the need for a pit toilet.

There are TONS of good campping sites.

I can do a moab trip, solo, from Salt Lake City, eating out every meal, all gas, lodging etc. for $250 and have about $50 left over when I come home.

5. mabrodis

mabrodis

Well sure, but you weren't courting someone's daughter. :D

Slick Rock Campground is a bit of a ripoff, but it's where the action is, walking distance from places, etc...

6. T Y L E R

T Y L E R

AHEM! *Hands on hips .. * You 'tryyyyin' to get me shot Mark ???

:flipoff2:

7. Tigerstripe40

Tigerstripe40

Actually....
    I was.

Click on the linky

[​IMG]

FWIW, when Slickrock is full, you are basically stacked on top of other people.
    The first time I camped in Slickrock campground, I could hear the guy in the tent next to mine farting all night....
    BLECH!

Other than that, yeah Slickrock is where it's at.

But, I'd rather drive a few extra miles, be alone, have great scenery, and have to use a pit toilet/groover/shovel.

8. photogod

photogod

Groover... There's a priceless Kodak moment. 20mm ammo can and a roll of wipe.

9. e9999

e9999 You want to do what...? Moderator

but he said he wants lots of pro girls...
    aren't these like $200/hr? (what do I know?)
    :D

10. NorCalDoug

NorCalDoug problems solved daily...

Rachel Ray can eat anywhere for $40 per day. :D

Recommendation: Breakfast at Tiffany's is nice.

I hotel'd it the 2 times I was at Moab. $80/day at the Holiday Inn Express.

11. cruiserdan

cruiserdan SupportingVendor Emeritus Moderator

Land Cruiser Heritage Museum broom closet
    Part of the charm of CM is spitting out tufts of cottomwood seed when doing tech inspection.......:D

It just don't get any better than that...........

12. T Y L E R

T Y L E R

Man thats a tough call .. :princess: accomodations or campfires . Damn! Need a warm chickie to balance the equation ... :D

TY

PS: $200??? USD??? :doh:

13. Romer

Romer fatherofdaughterofromer Moderator

Staying at Slickrock has its disadvantages, but they are outweighed by being there (IMOP). You can rent one of the 14 cabins they have for a little more privacy.

14. T Y L E R

T Y L E R

Yeah .. its in the journey or whatever.. that must be true!

Ok, whose got the shrooms ....

BUT, to have a room booked for the first nite out of Moab would be just what the Dr ordered I bet.

TY - *note to self* - pack bubblebath ;p

15. Trunk Monkey

Trunk Monkey Moderator

Wouldn't that just be the same as $200? :rolleyes:

16. T Y L E R

T Y L E R

Give or take 50 plus or minus 'about' .. :D

TY

17. Koffer

Koffer

I did the slickrock thing for 2 years and camping in what was like a dirt parking lot sort got old after a 3 day trip on the road from NJ . That cold showers ,sleeping right on top of each other just plain sucked and for the Cruiser :princess: to go the 3rd time we hit the Moab Valley Inn and at the time a suite was just under $100 a night with hot tub a TV and phone in the head .
    Sorry but that was the way to go when I was paying $30+ for a tent trailer site per night.
    This may sound like alot but get a reg room in AC, NYC or the Inner Harbor in MD and you'll feel like your ripping them off in UT .

When I get there next time I'll do the hotal thing again as 2100 miles to sleep on the ground = Koffer in the cross hairs of the Cruiser :princess: Bazooka and man that wont be pretty :eek:

Oh for how much take $2G's and what you have left over is for truck goodies :D

18. T Y L E R

T Y L E R

Actually my insane mind is thinking of hitting Slee ahead of time in Feb perhaps for a 6+" buildup and gears and 38's ... :D :D :D :D

TY

19. 2badfjs

2badfjs

there's a KOA at the other end of town.

they also have a few cabins,pool,showers............
    and your not right on top of each other........

we had a site at s/r reserved. when we got to it, there was no way i was going to get my tent set up in the tiny tent space they give you. :eek:

we'll be renting the cabins next year!

20. Tigerstripe40

Tigerstripe40

Yeah.

I prefer to come home with money in my wallet, rather than a few credit card receipts in my wallet...