MOAB 2014 (1 Viewer)

Ok. I know we've talked a bit about this, and even done some planning, but let's get an official MOAB thread going here.

Please share your interest in the trip, travel plans, accommodations, work required on your rig (trail or tow), and anything else related to the trip in April/May.

To get it rolling......

Myself, Chris, and Mike are planning to be in Moab from April 26th to May 3rd. Travelling down will be the 24th-26th.

BJ42 checklist - THINGS TO DO BEFORE MOAB

install rear 3rd with 5.29s and Detroit
install 5.29s in front carrier then install in truck
power steering (Saginaw pump on 3B and mini truck box)
additional roll cage/protection
full 3B service
8274 install

Bonus list

bead locks
ext. shackles for the rear
new seat covers

Awl_TEQ

Supporting Vendor
Mind if I butt in?

The only thing I didn't like last year was packing my RTT every morning and having the extra 250# on the roof of the 42. Well, that four and a half days of naturally asphyxiated 3B driving.

My plan at this point is pretty ambitious. Swap in my other fresh 3B with turbo/ new clutch/ a yet to be sourced 5spd / and marks gears. Then build an aluminum M101 knockoff and mount the tent on that. If time allows I will do PS also. Maybe.

Kev,

When are you going down? Where ya stayin ? What group are you traveling down with ?

I think we are leaving on the 26th and have a place by Tys ( byron,chris,myself )

Awl_TEQ

Supporting Vendor
No details yet but we'd likely head down on the Saturday before the event and arrive late Sunday like last year. Then we can either do our own selection of trails before the event and/or do one of the multi-day event runs that starts early.

I'm guessing Coastal Kevin from our club is going so we'd prolly convoy but I'm not opposed to traveling with who ever is on the road.

I'm planning to just stay at slickrock again. Walking distance to the event tent and seeing a lot of the other participants was fun last year. And I didn't have any troubles with bathrooms, rowdies, WIFI, or caterpillars like some others have complained about. We were two stalls away from the office though.

RockDoc

I'll take Bruce Vilanch for the block.
What area are you guys in for accommodations this year? I'm planning to come down with my 62 and my brother (he bikes), would be nice to stay near everyone else.

Curtis, the place is on south gate dr. ( I think). Just at the south end of town. It's about half between slick rock and the condo You guys had last year. Chris or Tyler will have the actually booking info

RockDoc

Curtis, the place is on south gate dr. ( I think). Just at the south end of town. It's about half between slick rock and the condo You guys had last year. Chris or Tyler will have the actually booking info

Thanks.

RockDoc

Having trouble finding Oleander Lane with my phone
We're near 100 S and 400 E, near the road to Sand Flats I believe.

RockDoc

Nichols Lane. Looks like it is a 4 unit building with a common out door area that has a hot tub. Small, but should be a fine base for the two of us.

Winch part 1 complete. 8074 on 24V. Yup. Scary
DSCN6876_zpsd038959e.jpg

Awl_TEQ

Supporting Vendor
yeah, let go of the switch earlier than when it was 12V. Once you are used to it, it is handy to have the extra speed.

No kidding. This winch always had a long drag on after the switch was released. No it is ridiculous. It goes at least another 3 feet just from a flick of the switch.... nevermind when you hold the switch for a few seconds and the thing spools up!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom