MN Toyx4 Fall Run in Gilbert, MN 10/07-10/09 (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.mntoyx4.com
First of all, I know this is early. Midwest folks have shown interest in the past. I'm just making sure no one can complain that I didn't give them enough time.

When: October 7th thru the 9th.

Place: Gilbert, MN Iron Range Off Highway Recreation Area

Headquarters will be the Sherwood Forest Campground

We made a run last fall around the same time. Colors were spectacular. Day temps were nice and balmy. Nights were very cold. If you have thin skin you may want to consider a hotel, your choice. Additionally, last year they did not have any firewood available at the campground and there was none to be found in town. It was only by a stroke of good luck that we found some. We will make sure there is enough wood to burn.

Trails range from easy core trails, tight wooded off camber trails, Shelf roads on 500 ft cliffs, Big rocks, bigger rocks, and break you junk rocks :grinpimp:

We hope to have lots of visitors from surrounding states. There are folks from South Dakota, North Dakota and Wisconsin that are considering making the trek to wheel with us.

For folks who will be new to the park we will have organized trail rides to make the most of the weekend.

There is no charge to use ther park However...you must have a MN off Highway Vehicle Permit to use the park. These are available at the park office and cost $38.50. They are good for 3 years. You will have to pass a sound test, but unless you are running straight pipes you shouldn't have a problem passing.

P.S. Here are some links to threads with pics of the park for you to chew on

https://forum.ih8mud.com/showthread.php?t=32040&highlight=crawl

Last edited:
last I checked, October was the 10th month :flipoff2:

I'm there....heard a rumor that "those guys" may even make an appearance!

(wonder if that camper rental place up the road will deliver a camper for us that weekend...hhhhmmmm)

woody said:
last I checked, October was the 10th month :flipoff2:

I'm there....heard a rumor that "those guys" may even make an appearance!

(wonder if that camper rental place up the road will deliver a camper for us that weekend...hhhhmmmm)

Drrr... fixed it.

If'n "those guys" come, we might have to find a barn and have us a hootananny :D

Don't know anything about campers, I sleep on the ground.

We don't need no stinking barn....

It WILL be a party.....I WILL HAVE OAK FIREWOOD WITH ME THIS YEAR ON THE SEMI!!!

We WILL have a Cruiser Fire.....

French Fry/Cookie dough/Fryman and Buckey/Poot were talking about getting up there while they were in the Hills....

Should be a GOOD TIME!

Between Tedd, John Kohler, and I....there WILL be FIREWOOD.

Questions, questions, questions....

Anyone have sites picked out yet or any of that crap?

I have not ever been to this campground....

Where is it located in relation to down town Gilbert, and the Off Highway Vehicle area?

Are there trails to the campground from the park?

I just rolled down town to that crappy one-pizza-oven dive to have a beer and some pizza last year before rolling home in the Rig...

Thanks!

-Steve

No sites picked out as of yet. That bar that we had pizza at, go about a block south of there and you are in the camp ground. You can see it from main street. Sherwood forest is connected to the park by a dirt road. Never have to get on pavement. It's maybe 5 min from the campground to the park.

I'll have to talk to Kelley and see what he thinks the best spot for us will be. I've only been there once.

Here is a map

LINK

I should also add for the out of town folks:

There is no charge to use the park, however...

You must have a MN off highway vehicle permit. The cost of this is $38.50 and can be purchased at the park hq. This permit is good for 3 years. You will have to pass a sound check, but I've never seen anyone fail it.

got the license stickah, but gotta redo the sound check...

painted over it :D

contacted that camping rental shop up the street today, see if I can rent me one of those trailer dealios....C ain't tentin in Oct....

Simply a little hell there mark.....

i am aware that you wheel your wagon. i am pretty certain that i remember the essence of clutch on iceman last year, along with the distinct air hiss from the puncture...

:beer:

Perhaps after you are out of the Death Zone, we could get some gears in your junk....

:beer:

if someone's got an open seat, i'm in. i cant afford gas in the truck to haul a cruiser there....but the harley is another story......

pm me if anybody knows of an open seat.

Max

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom