SOLD (MLB, FL) 100 Series Flux Capacitor/Vibration Damper/Frame Weight Thingy (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello H8ers,

I've been trying to eliminate a cyclic vibration that I've had in my 100 since I bought it a couple years ago. I'm hoping someone has this frame weight thing lying around somewhere that I can purchase or borrow to see if it helps eliminate this very frustrating vibe. I've replaced things like cv axles, driveshafts, and adjustable links, and have so far only succeeded in parting myself from my money while retaining my vibration.

Thanks!

Pic of the thing I need, for reference.

1592510945713.png

Is your 100 factory? The second you bolt sliders to the rig you change the natural frequency.
I have a similar noise and my money is on engine and trans mounts.
I have one from @knewstance i’d be willing to ship for whatever shipping costs

Is your 100 factory? The second you bolt sliders to the rig you change the natural frequency.
I have a similar noise and my money is on engine and trans mounts.
I have one from @knewstance i’d be willing to ship for whatever shipping costs

I'd definitely appreciate it - I'm located in Melbourne, FL, any idea of shipping cost? I'll happily pay it!

I'm not factory at all, have home-made sliders installed. They didn't make any difference in my vibration. There's no noise to speak of, other than the occasional rattle thanks to the vibration. I don't think this'll fix it but it doesn't hurt to try either.

I'd definitely appreciate it - I'm located in Melbourne, FL, any idea of shipping cost? I'll happily pay it!

I'm not factory at all, have home-made sliders installed. They didn't make any difference in my vibration. There's no noise to speak of, other than the occasional rattle thanks to the vibration. I don't think this'll fix it but it doesn't hurt to try either.
let me see what size flat rate box it fits in, probably will be 10-15 bucks or so.

I'm going to bet you see no impact from adding the weight back in, you've already adjusted the natural frequency by adding sliders. check all your mounts

I expect you're correct. My mounts appear to be okay but I haven't done more than a visual inspection of them. I'm wondering in my bushing in the rear end could be the problem. Lower links are new but uppers are original @ 156k miles.

I expect you're correct. My mounts appear to be okay but I haven't done more than a visual inspection of them. I'm wondering in my bushing in the rear end could be the problem. Lower links are new but uppers are original @ 156k miles.

is your vib when moving? Mine is rpm based and only happens when sitting in drive, foot on brake, stopped.

Yeah mine is when moving, highway speeds, between 70-80 mph. Unnoticeable below or above that.

Curious if you ever got the weight and if it fixed the issue?
Vibration at that speed is usually a wheel balancing issue.

Never got the piece. Have since replaced tires, added wheel spacers, new upper links, changed the height, etc etc etc. Pretty sure this issue turned out to be pinion angle related? I forgot about this thread and I know I longer have the issue but unfortunately I'm not much more useful than that 😑

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom