MizzEighy 40th Anniversary build (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Grabbed an 80 from my buddy down in Mississippi, feels good to be back in an 80 after almost a decade. 176k miles on, in great shape! First order of biz is to fix the leather, I opted to go with the full Landcruiser Heaven kit. I also ordered the shaky mirror kit, new seat brackets for more leg room, weather tech floor mats etc.. Excited to start building this rig up!

i-3mchJN7-X2.jpg

Flew into Mississippi to my buddy Andrew's place to grab my new 80

i-xqhpFNc-X2.jpg

Grabbed an 80 from my buddy down in Mississippi, feels good to be back in an 80 after almost a decade. 176k miles on, in great shape! First order of biz is to fix the leather, I opted to go with the full Landcruiser Heaven kit. I also ordered the shaky mirror kit, new seat brackets for more leg room, weather tech floor mats etc.. Excited to start building this rig up!

View attachment 2627074
Nice ride, curious how much room you will get with the brackets? Land tanks? Maybe you could take a couple measurements before and after? I’m 6’1 and my seats need a solution! Good luck with the build.

Nice ride, curious how much room you will get with the brackets? Land tanks? Maybe you could take a couple measurements before and after? I’m 6’1 and my seats need a solution! Good luck with the build.
I'm 6'3 and would def like a little more room. My buddy @Willy beamin already installed the kit and said he got an extra 2 inches of leg room. Only side affect is that is raises the seat 3/4 inch.

Step 1 now that we are home, wash our new rig...

1122.jpg

I am also in the middle of restoring my 199740th. I am in Kansas. That truck looks nice and clean. Is the belly rust free? That hitch looks like it needs to come off and be sanded and painted. The hitches rust faster than the frame. I would take mine off but I truley believe they provide an additional level of safety due to their strength so I am leaving mine on.

Let me know how the seat install goes. That is the only thing I have not ordered yet.

4C7F9907-0B2D-4FB8-B151-F3DFDE29108D.jpeg

If I recall you also have a built 200 right? What are your plans for this beauty?
Yep got the 200, and a couple of 100's... As crazy as it sounds the 80 will be primarily an ocean/camping rig, no hardcore offroad planned for now! Kinda crazy my newer rigs are for the trails, just the way it worked out I guess:)

i-H9tVJRh-X2.jpg

i-QrdtHXb-X3.jpg

i-hmV32Sq-X2.jpg

GoldieHahn has become our Rubicon rig

i-84T8CMM-X3.jpg

i-CQjXNLV-X3.jpg

i-XFZfQmf-X3.jpg

My daughters 100

i-rPx9jVb-X2.jpg

If I recall you also have a built 200 right? What are your plans for this beauty?
So yeah as for the 80, new tires, something around 33-35 ish. New leather, stereo, keyless entry etc.. lots of beach days in the sun:)

I am also in the middle of restoring my 199740th. I am in Kansas. That truck looks nice and clean. Is the belly rust free? That hitch looks like it needs to come off and be sanded and painted. The hitches rust faster than the frame. I would take mine off but I truley believe they provide an additional level of safety due to their strength so I am leaving mine on.

Let me know how the seat install goes. That is the only thing I have not ordered yet.

View attachment 2631235
#GOALS, damn that looks good!!! I will let ya know how the leather install goes and post pics once it comes in, might be a couple months, they make it per order.

View attachment 2631235
The belly on my rig is rust free! I'll def give the hitch a quick sand and some fresh paint, gotta get this rig all dialed in for the wife!:)

I just read the article in Toyota Trails about y'all Rubicon trip!
I'll be hitting it this July for the first time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom