SOLD Mississippi Topless/Doorless 1972 FJ40 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Year
Vehicle Model
  1. 40 Series
$8700

This FJ40 is a Mississippi truck with an original drivetrain. I purchased it a couple of months ago to make it a shop project to renew and do my patina thing but I am just too busy with other projects and would like for someone else to enjoy spring in this on.

AS IS, this is what you get

1F motor, 3 speed on the floor
Front Disc Brakes (JT Outfittter style that retain the original knuckles) with new lines and master
New Tie Rod Ends
Rebuilt center arm
Trollholl Carb with new electric fuel pump and regulator
New 235/75R-15 Wintermark radials with white spokes
New steel fuel tank
New Clutch master and slave
New Exhaust
New Shocks
New starter

Comes with a bikini top.......NO TOP/DOORS!

IMG_7257_HEIC-X4.jpg

As you can see in the photos, the PO did some rust repair. This is NOT in my opinion a restoration truck, this is a good runner that stops good that you can enjoy without turning a bunch of wrenches.

IMG_7222_HEIC-X2.jpg

Looks like someone had the hood fly up on them and tried to fix it with bondo a few decades ago.......

IMG_7190_HEIC-X2.jpg

It has the original seats front and rear and a home brew roll bar. The drivers seat needs a seat bottom cover but the rest of the seats are good.

Like I said, I have been collecting parts for two months to install when I messed with the paint and body.

Here is what is INCLUDED with the purchase of this gem....

New Energy Suspension Bushings
New Old Man Emu anti inversion shackles
OME Spring pins
Rust Free Bezel
New OEM Toyota emblems and grill TOYOTA (see photo)
5 OEM Toyota hub cap wheels (used) are included
New Bumperettes
New OEM Reverse light
New side marker light
New Shifter boots
New OEM tag light
New Hood windshield hold down
New OEM windshield to cowl gasket

IMG_8972_HEIC-X2.jpg

Also included is a period correct air cleaner housing and new denso filter that has been powder coated. This is the rare cold weather model that has a selector to open warm air to the manifold

IMG_8969_HEIC-X2.jpg

The engine area will look fantastic with the correct air cleaner.

IMG_7179_HEIC-X2.jpg

This truck needs:

Seat cover on the drivers bottom
Choke Cable
Wiper Blades
OEM correct tail lights and brackets
OEM Light switch

Obviously it needs some TLC on the body. Most of the rust repair has been done but none of the welds were ground out after. Hopefully the new owner will blend in the paint and keep what's there that's good.

I polished on a fender to see what was there and its not bad

Before

IMG_7229_HEIC-X2.jpg

After

IMG_7230_HEIC-X2.jpg

IMG_7225_HEIC-X2.jpg

IMG_7232_HEIC-X2.jpg

IMG_7233_HEIC-X2.jpg

IMG_7234_HEIC-X2.jpg

The PO welded in a new floor above the old rusted floor. I would highly recommend removing the old metal and treating all this for rust with Fluid Film

IMG_7236_HEIC-X2.jpg

IMG_7237_HEIC-X2.jpg

Ive since cleaned this thing up but for the most part it is the same as photos show without the mud.

Dammit that is cool.

Sure could be if the right person got it and enjoyed it for what it is.

This is a nice beater truck. Yes the price is not great but I paid too much and collected a bunch of parts. 40 prices are nuts as anyone reading this knows.

It’s not listed anywhere else yet but going wide soon. As of now I’m firm on the price. That is my money plus parts I purchased plus a whopping $900 in profit for my effort to rescue it. 😬

Sure could be if the right person got it and enjoyed it for what it is.

This is a nice beater truck. Yes the price is not great but I paid too much and collected a bunch of parts. 40 prices are nuts as anyone reading this knows.

It’s not listed anywhere else yet but going wide soon. As of now I’m firm on the price. That is my money plus parts I purchased plus a whopping $900 in profit for my effort to rescue it. 😬
I was getting ready to add that the Phish sticker was easily worth another 200 bucks....

Until I got to the last pic.👎

I was getting ready to add that the Phish sticker was easily worth another 200 bucks....

Until I got to the last pic.👎
Nice runner and GLWS.

Phish sticker? Try again...

Thx Nolen, headed to NY for Spring/Summer enjoyment!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom