Mississippi Day Trips and Cool Places - Official Thread (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

wngrog

SILVER Star
Threads
Website
www.seeandeatms.com
We have some really cool places and things to do and see in Mississippi. I am always stopping at historical sights and making day-trips with my kids. Most of these pictures get buried in the Chit Chat thread so I think we need yet another OFFICIAL THREAD :D

Rules.......

This is for completed trips. If you want to plan a trip or you get an idea from this thread, spin off a new thread to plan an adventure.

This thread is for when you are riding by a cool church, or a cool barn or you hit one of the many state treasures we have for a day trip of weekend.

Post em up!

I was in the Port Gibson area this weekend for a Boy Scout trip. After the campout, Will and I loaded up and checked out Grand Gulf State Military park.

One of the best small parks I have been to. It has a great museum with local historical pieces, native American artifacts and
IMG_6545.jpg
IMG_6546.jpg
IMG_6547.jpg
IMG_6550.jpg
IMG_6552.jpg

We climbed to the top of the park and there was a steel observation tower that gave us great views of the MS River and the Grand Gulf Nuclear cooling tower
IMG_6557.jpg
IMG_6562.jpg
GOPR0404.jpg
GOPR0407.jpg
GOPR0411.jpg

Good call on the thread. My folks did this for me when I was young; we made some of those same stops, and like ones in TN & NC, w/ A&M - good memories.

Awesome idea. I need to buy another 100 sooner rather than later

Hey there's Shush!

Good thread idea, Nolen.

image.jpg
We are blessed beyond belief to have the Natchez Trace here in Mississippi

Nothing is better for a quick day trip than the Trace.

Today I had the rare opportunity to see a bit of snow on some of my favorite spots

This section was Ratliff Ferry to Madison.

Cypress Swamp is a very cool stop. Even cooler in the snow

image.jpg

View attachment 1040700 We are blessed beyond belief to have the Natchez Trace here in Mississippi

Nothing is better for a quick day trip than the Trace.

Today I had the rare opportunity to see a bit of snow on some of my favorite spots

This section was Ratliff Ferry to Madison.

Cypress Swamp is a very cool stop. Even cooler in the snow

View attachment 1040699

Love that place. Its beautiful in the Spring. I wish the trail was longer though.

Nolen, next time you are in Memphis, check out the Boardwalks near LaGrange, Tn. There are 2. One is actaully in LaGrange, and is a good 45-60 minute drive from Germantown: http://www.bchpics.com/Places/Tenne...ZXp8/163900132_jtFkfSK#!i=163900132&k=jtFkfSK

There is a closer one that is in the town of Rossville, about 1/2 the distance as the one in LaGrange. http://www.nature.org/ourinitiative...protect/william-b-clark-conservation-area.xml

The best part about the Rossville location, is that it is 1/4 mile down the road from the Wolf River Cafe, which has some of the most renowned fried catfish in the area.

Both are beautiful in the spring, while the local vegetation and fauna are most active. I used to collect butterflies and dragonflies for shadowboxes down there.

Both are fairly unknown by the locals, so the walks are usually very quiet and private.

First contribution to the Mississippi day trip thread is Tennessee

:face palm:

Oh whatever. Most of the people in CLC go through Memphis all the time. :)

Where is that swamp on the trace?

Great thread Nolen i want to explore this great state some more. Need another dayride to plan

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom