Missing washer/shim? 78’ FJ55 parking break/transfer output shaft. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Mornin everyone,

I’m looking at my FSM and reviewing other threads regarding parking break rebuilds prior to putting mine back together today. Below is a picture from the FSM showing what they are calling a “plate” and a shim, I believe, prior to the stake nut.
18B3536F-CA56-468A-9D2B-F70928FFD87B.jpeg

Below is what I took off my 78’ 55.
D4B07BD6-537E-443B-A96F-104A07ACA861.jpeg

Am I missing something or is the FSM perhaps showing all options across multiple years and what I have is fine for a 78’? If I am missing something is it the “plate”, I’d call it a washer or am I missing the shim?

Thanks in advance!

I can just tell, on my Brazilian Version (I don't have item 1, all mechanical here) there is only a big washer, nothing like a shim.

Is it a lock-"shim" or do you bend the nut?

I totally forgot I had a tranny/transfer out of a New Zealand FJ45 with a parking brake still on it in the garage. Pulled off the driveshaft and found the exact same set up as was on the 78’ 55. Maybe the set up I originally posted is THE factory way. 🤷🏼‍♂️

Just wanted to follow up with the “shim” I ordered from Toyota. If I’m reading the FSM correctly this goes on prior to putting on the staked nut when putting the parking brake back together. The shim has a .3mm on it and for the life of me I can’t figure out what .3mm in this position would do if anything.

I have not put any miles on my 55 yet after making this fix so have not been able to establish if I have a new leak or not. Unsure what kinda tech this provides but maybe it’ll help someone out that was/is as confused as me.
AEB13615-891B-4EF1-8954-EAC87D95FD32.jpeg
30D1C1DC-A5B8-4C37-AA83-05B07D634C09.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom