Missing Toyota Trails? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.riceontherocks.org
If anyone has missed and issue of Toyota Trails, or havn't got the corect responce from membership please leave some infor here.

Name and TLCA ID#
Last issue of Trails you recieved.

One problem I have found is that people move and the post office will not forward bulk mail.

I cannot garentee that I can fix the problem fast, but I will do my best. There are also others on this list that have the info available to them. This could also take till the transfer of membership office is close to complete, But I am trying!

I moved and forgot to tell TT in time. So it was mailed to the old address. Thankfully, it got forwarded. ... and at least now my right address is on record.

So why am I posting - just to say thanks for the offer of help. This is not something I'm used to seeing in the past and just wanted to say thanks! :D

Thanks Paul.

Assuring Members receive their trails is a shared responsibility. That of the Member to inform us of address changes... and more importantly, that of TLCA to make sure we process applications and renewals in a timely manner (which has not happened) and that we show support for members who were unable or forgot to inform us of changes.

Over the course of the last few months, a change in our approach about missed back issues has been unfoldling. While I like to think I spawned most of the change, the truth is that it has been a team effort. For instance, I believe that if a members misses an issue or two, the association is better served to simply send the missing issues. I like to think this will help increase member satisfaction and their tendency to renew. Also, if we receive a merch. order for one issue of trails that was missed (at 4.00 + 3.95 for shipping), we are better served not to charge the member and send them the
issue.

Also, and I plan to build on this in the next two months, Phil J. and I are nurturing the premise that if a 3 year member misses renewing, send them the next issue irregardless. Most likely their renewal is late (probably due to our mailing schedules) and if we can keep their issues current and flowing, it saves grief later on when they have to buy the one back issue or request why it was lost or did not show. I plan to push hard for this approach to all members...

Finally, anyone on this forum who has missed an issue is welcome to note here, or contact me directly, and we will make sure you receive that/those issue(s). Now obviously I have read on other posts about folks not renewing due to never receiving an issue and I will contact them personally, and send those missing issues, even if they still inform me they will not renew. It's the right thing to do.

many thanks...

I have not received a TT in some time now. I was getting them regularly, and now....NOT!

I have not moved, and my membership should be current (I haven't been notified otherwise).

I am at work so I don't have my TLCA # handy....but my name is Dan Kunz and I live in Woodstock, GA.

Help if you can please!!

thanks Dan... (#10893)

We will investigate and find out your status...

Our renewal (and reminder) process will be undergoing some major changes in the next couple months.  Already the full page (blow in) flier noting 'Last Issue of Toyota Trails' is paying off... I always thought those small cards were never enough.

I'll be in contact.

As SpaceGhost posted, he was not receiving his TT due to an address issue...I get this with company calendars I send out each fall....

Does TT include as part of their postage fee the option to have at least the label returned to the office for those addresses which are rendered non-deliverable so people who forget where they live (like Mike) can be contacted and the problem discovered/resolved? Or do those undeliverable Trails issues just get piled in the back of some Post Office somewhere and left for dead??

I know getting either the entire mag or even the address back is an extra expense, but it's cheaper than lost memberships...

I know you can ask for addy correction/return on 1st class. It is at an additional cost, and would help in a case like my mental lapse.

The printer, assuming they are the shipper should be able to also do verification aginst known deliverable address database, again at a cost.

Third/Bulk mailings are handled much differently, and are less expensive as a result. Some postal employees don't spend much time on the bulk stuff, and it is stuck in any box along the way if they can't find the right addy.

I did however elect first class delivery and they (postal service) still didn't decipher my mistake and hand deliver my Trails to me (after hunting me down) at the bar I was drinking at!

Apparrently you need to straighten that out with the bar owner....lol

(yeah, your own place...I know!!)

You can get address returns on bulk, we do it for the 3000 calendars we ship out each fall. Also, any mailhouse with half a brain can do address confirmations for minimal cost....mine does the zip+4 for free on my W4WDA newsletters.

I'll be the first to claim that I don't know squat about the USPS and bulk mail processes except that they do not come back to us if lost or undeliverable...

but I would propose that upon joining or renewing and receiving your Member packet containing card, stickers and letter, the letter could contain a note about the first issue to be expected... and if that first issue is not received, the Member could then contact us to note the anticipated issue never arrived, must be a problem somewhere. This could balance the responsibility between the association and the member with regards to notification and follow up.

These are the types of changes Membership is currently initiating.

Dan...

According to our new admin and our records, your membership expired in July of 02.

Now stop right there... this was our fault because as you noted, you were not notified. I believe we have lost more renewing members due to this reason and we are going to change that!

And because of that Dan, if you renew I will personally send you the missed issues in an effort to provide great value to you and regain your membership. Just contact us via TLCA.org, USPS with application or call our Admin at the new number referenced in the sticky post in this forum. As soon and Jacki and I see your renewal, I'll ship'em.

Thanks in advance for your continued support and I promise, next time we'll be sure to let you know 'before' your membershp expires.

Will get it all sorted out tonight (at work now)

Thanks!

Thanks Tony for keeping on top of things. I am still watching the posts, here and on other lists.

oh sure Paul... start a topic and then have me do all the work!

:D :p :eek: ;)

just hacking on ya... Cindy was bummed you didn't swing by on your last CA tour. But I told her unless she a had a truck to loan you and a destination, you would were a no show.

later....

Tony,

Just hung up with Jackie...gave her CC# for renewal + first class postage.

Confirm and send me some updated reading, my magazine rack is eager to see some fresh pages! :D

Thanks Dan!!!

check your messages on this board, will confirm shipping.

and remember, tell your friends...

Jason Mace
Missed a bunch from May to the one where Butch's daughter was on the cover.

I did move though. I thought I updated the info but with the move I might have missed it. Could be my fault :-[

Hello Jason...

I was hoping you would post again. I tried to contact you via the e-mail referenced on this site and the one in our records, which of course did not match each other but was close.

While I would like to ask you to reconsider, I also understand that is a personal decision you will have to make. I hope that some of the comments presented in this forum will help that decision.

Irregardless, I owe you some past issues that were missed by both of us. As I noted to the Voting Board, we are not about pointing fingers or casting blame, we about working together to rebuild lost friendships and trust, and in your case, lost Members. If you would please e-mail at cruiserfan@att.net or tonytwiddy@yahoo.com with your current address, I will be sure to make things right with regards to past issues.

In the 'I've had it' thread, there is a letter I wrote to Mike Smythe... if I were to write you one, it would include the same comments - excuses, apologies and promises. While I hate to think of it as a form letter, it does summarize my view about where we've been and where we're heading. Please read it, drop me a note with your address... and keep an open mind with regards to continuing your membership.

What more can I say except sorry for your missed issues, I'll make it right.

Many thanks Jason... look forward to hearing from you.

LOL
I love form letters ;)

If you send me a renewal form I'll be a member again.

For the first time in a long time it feels to me like the TLCA is trying. Which means a lot to me..

macej@lvvwd.com

Thanks Tony.

Jason Mace

Mace if you renew I'll send you an autographed copy of Kristie's cover mag.
If not, I'll send her to Vegas to kick your behind!!!!

Butch

LOL
It was Kristie's fault for making me want to make sure that I got the TT!!! I'll renew, I'll renew although it might be worth it to delay the renewal so that Kristie will come out to say hello. She wouldn't hit a daddy would she??
;)

Hey Tony,
I think you need to work on getting better renewal thugs, this one is getting kinda old.. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom