Missing thread on Toyota part?? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi Guys!

I just recived a new turn signal switch for my 1971 40. Is a Toyota genuine part, 84310-60022. Not replica!

This missing thread (upper shiffter support inserted nut) is normal???

Thanks!!

02604E40-76D6-46B8-910D-A683188FE313_zpssxnpry0m.jpg

00E53AF6-3999-4D23-B825-F9D6175ED4E7_zpscljdhhap.jpg

New and old
4858F391-E6AD-4A23-B17D-DAD8E01B13C6_zpseyqaeeym.jpg

Have you checked the size of the opening? Will the shaft slip in or will you need to thread it? If the clamps are tight at the steering wheel and down by the steering box it will probably be fine other than threads on the shaft cutting into the brass if it rotates. My guess Toyota has out sourced this part which I guess is better than NLA. The handle is painted, can't tell if it's still cast pot metal or forged steel. I like the old polished pot metal but it did bend and break pretty easy.

I looked at pics of mine but can't tell if that hole is threaded or not. If you don't get a definitve answer today I will look at the part tonight and let you know for sure.

Should be easy to tap it if you need it threaded. Probably a 8mm x 1.25 tap.

Looks like pot metal to me!

Thanks for your commets.
found some pics of new parts in some online stores and everyones had the thread.

Bad luck for me!!!

But..Looks as a pot material... Therefore......No pain no game!!!

8063A38E-835A-4BCB-9404-1958C611C052_zpslrbzga5j.jpg

Is this thread supposed to be there ? Cool Cruisers picture shows 1958 -up has this thread ? Toyota part 84310-60022 comes with no threads. I looked at my 1969 and cannot tell if it is threaded or not. Also, seems it would be best unthreaded as the column shift pivots on this and you would always put pressure on these threads. Anyone ?

Update.... I spoke with a guy from Cruiser Corps today and even though the picture on the site looks like it is threaded, IT IS NOT. He pulled one out to look at it , and, NO threads. So, it is a pin and smooth sided item. As I said , makes sense as the shift pivots there, threads would be impractical.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom