Missing Power Steering Pump Cap...Ideas? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey all quick question

Some how, last week or so, the cap for my power steering pump on my 85 fj60 came off and was lost. Now every time I go over bumps or offroad power steering fluid splashes all over the my engine bay. I'd like to fix it, but I was told I would have to replace the entire pump to do so. That seems like a ton of $ for a little cap. I've also been looking for used caps to no avail. Anybody have any thoughts on where I could get a cap or if I have other options to fix it?

Thanks

Casey

Check the for sale section. Find someone parting out a 60. I got a used one from Spector.

Last edited:
the reservoir was sold as a separate item. The part number is 44305-22040. Besides the FJ60 the same part was used on a lot of 80's to 90's Toyota's and is appears to be the same part that is still being used on the 2005 and later Tacoma's (although my EPC only goes to 2007). It's about $25 from the dealer, or you could go to a junk yard that has some toyota's.

Last edited:
surely you are not driving the truck with no cap on the p/s resivor? I'm sure you might find something in the junkyard or in the parting out section.

Junkyard. I could be wrong, but I think the cap was used on a variety of Toyota models. It looks the same as the cap I had on my '85 Supra.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom