Missing plate from transmission housing adaptor?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Mar 3, 2010
New Orleans
I'm wondering if I'm missing an access plate of sorts from the bottom of my transmission housing adaptor. I have a rectangular hole surrounded by a couple of bolt holes where it looks like a cover is supposed to go. Looked through the FSM but didn't find this plate on a diagram or mentioned anywhere.

Some background, got the truck just over a year ago ('90 FJ62) but only now really going through it. Prepping to flush the transmission and noticed this while I was crawling around underneath.

Thanks very much.
Last edited:
There is a small sheet metal plate that goes there as a splash guard. Probably can get new from Toyota or just make one. It isn't water tight if that's what you are worried about.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom