missing gauge (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
fj 62 missing gauge

I have a Fj 62 and on my dash to the left of the rheostat is a open hole, it looks like a gauge of some sort goes there? Anyone?

Last edited:
I'm pretty sure the hole you're refering to is where the hand throttle went for the PTO winch.

Chris

The left side of my rheostadt is my choke.

I'm guessing that's where the choke went for carbed 62's (for other markets outside of NA). Throttle goes on the right side of the steering wheel, on both 60 and 62's.

Ahh yes... didn't see that he had a 62.

and all US spec 62's have the hand trottle as standard.

Might also have been for a dsl...maybe glow plug?

Doc said:
Ahh yes... didn't see that he had a 62.

My hand throttle is on the right of the steering column.

I'm pretty sure the hole you're refering to is where the hand throttle went for the PTO winch.

opps how do you put a quote from someone else in a box?

Anyways doughboy said it was for the PTO winch.. How do you use that function on the Land cruiser? I have a 62 and I have noticed that when I pull the PTO my motor revs to a higher RPM. Now if this is for a winch, how do you connect whatever to whatever? Im clueless how this works?

I was thinking about this today, I it makes sense to have an aux light switch there,,,dont know what mr yota planned but it seems right,,

batman said:
How do you use that function on the Land cruiser?
The PTO winch uses engine power to retract the cable, so to be able to add engine power (without standing on the gas pedal) you use the H/T.

It's also been used as a poor-man's cruise control in some cars...

what cable are we talking about? Where would this cable be located or where do I pick one up?

batman said:
what cable are we talking about? Where would this cable be located or where do I pick one up?
I think you're missing my meaning. There's nothing you can "hook up". The cable I mention is the winch cable (the big one that pulls the truck). The hand throttle came on 62s as a functioing unit, but without a winch it serves no real purpose. As far as I know a PTO was never a US option and the only reason the hand thottle made it to the US market was due to some quirk of Toy's mfg or distribution process.

I gotcha, I was asking this because on and old land rover type of 4x4 truck they had this cable that you pulled throught the bumper front or back and when you need a winch you just pull it out and your motor did all the work, this was an oem thing. I wish I could remember what it was on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom