Missing Araco sticker on 2001 LX470? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I've looked at several LX470s from that era (1999 and 2000), and they all have had a beautiful Araco sticker on the inside of the passenger-side front door. I've never been able to find a sticker under the hood, on the rear gate, or other doors. It always seems to be on the passenger-side front door.

I recently looked at an LX470 from 2001 in very nice condition. Glass headlights and all the rest. But the Araco sticker seems to be missing.

Does this mean anything? Is there any chance that a 2001 wasn't made at the Araco plant?

VIN plaque says manufacture date was 03/2001

I guess it doesn't really matter, but I was always thinking I'd look upon that Araco sticker with pride, once I finally owned a 470.

Some info from old threads below to answer some of your questions regarding where the LX470 was built...it seems as though it should have been assembled at the Araco plant as you suggest as all 3 LX models were built here. Does the carfax show any damage to passenger side or do you see signs of repaint in door area?

ARACO is the company that Toyota outsourced manufacture of Land Cruisers and LX450/LX470/LX570's.

They were built at the ARACO and, now, Toyota Auto Body Yoshiwara Plant in Toyota City. The Yoshiwara Plant is designated as "A11" for those with the old school manufacture plates on the inside of the engine bay)

It has since been combined with Toyota Auto Body.

This occurred in 2004.

Most of us North American LC owners will have a blue and white ARACO sticker on the front passenger side bottom of the door on the inside.

Other markets got cruisers built elsewhere (Land Cruiser production has long since become globalized by region and sometimes nation).

Of course, we all like the formerly-known-as ARACO built rigs.

Just because.

:)

It even appears as though some LC 200's & all LX570's are still being built at the same plant to this day....

LX and LC manufactured at Toyota Auto Body Yoshiwara Plant.

LC only manufactured at Toyota Tahara plant.

Not sure if this applies to our 100 series as I stole this quote from a thread on the 200 forum but worth a check if you have the VIN number handy....

And for those who are curious about which plant manufacured their vehicle:

If the 11th digit of your VIN is a 4 - your vehicle was manufactured in the Yoshiwara Plant, Toyota City, Japan

If the 11th digit of your VIN is a 5 - your vehicle was manufactured by TMC, Tahara Plant, Tahara, Japan

My LC200 is a 4, so obviously superior :rofl:

HTH

FYI @ToyotaMatt who is a vendor here also sells the old school Arakawa Auto Body decals as well as many repro stickers to replace missing decals on older models. Araco is short for Arakawa Corp and those old decals found on pre 100 series trucks are DOPE! Find them along with tons of other Cruiser gold here: VintageTEqParts/com

With all of that being said....let's see some pics of this bad boy that you are looking at!

Last edited:
My 2000 land cruiser has it.

I've looked at several LX470s from that era (1999 and 2000), and they all have had a beautiful Araco sticker on the inside of the passenger-side front door. I've never been able to find a sticker under the hood, on the rear gate, or other doors. It always seems to be on the passenger-side front door.

I recently looked at an LX470 from 2001 in very nice condition. Glass headlights and all the rest. But the Araco sticker seems to be missing.

Does this mean anything? Is there any chance that a 2001 wasn't made at the Araco plant?

VIN plaque says manufacture date was 03/2001

I guess it doesn't really matter, but I was always thinking I'd look upon that Araco sticker with pride, once I finally owned a 470.

Accident repair is a far more likely explanation, than being manufactured at some alternate plant.

If you really want to know, you can get the manufacturing plant out of the VIN.

Accident repair is a far more likely explanation, than being manufactured at some alternate plant.

If you really want to know, you can get the manufacturing plant out of the VIN.

Where in the VIN (what alpha numeric position) is the actual production plant designation? 11?

Where in the VIN (what alpha numeric position) is the actual production plant designation? 11?

That is my understanding (11th digit), but I am far from an expert in that area..

Here's the VIN:

JTJHT00W513509061

11th digit is a 3....

I did check the VIN plaques on all the doors, and they were the same.

But the again, I've never looked at a 2001 until this one, so maybe the sticker moved inside the hood. I didn't look in the hood for the sticker, because I had seen it on the door on so many other vehicles.

Wow, VIN is kind of amazing...

Sounds like this vehicle has side-curtain airbags, which I failed to notice when doing a test drive.

Wait, according to this chart:

A "3" for plant means Tsutsumi, but from what I read, they never made LX 470s there... weird!

Also, I looked at another LX470 that same day (MY2000), and it had the Araco sticker on the door, but its VIN has a 0 in the 11th position:

JT6HT00W9Y0099127

I have a "2" in the 11th position- curious to know where that is

OK thanks for posting Beno's decoder. I found where my cruiser was whelped: Toyota Motor: Kyushu. But according to the WIKI list below- Toyota Motor Kyushu, Inc. operates 3 plants- Cars (Lex & Toy): Miyata, Engines: Kanda, Transaxles: Kokura- but no Landcruisers. Hmmm something wrong with number.

Very interesting topic

Last edited:
Yes, I'm starting to think that the decoding is a bit off for the factory number.

For example, most MY2000 LX470s, which have the Araco sticker, are showing "0" as the factory number. See this list here:

I drove these two:

They both had Araco stickers on the passenger front door, and they both have "0" in digit 11 of the VIN.

Y is 2000, and X is 1999.

20200519_195659.jpg

My '01 LC 11th digit is a 2....not sure what it all means, but definitely Araco. Only on the pass Door, nothing in engine bay. Base model.

My early MY05 LX470 (made in 2004) has a "3" in the 11th VIN place, and has the Araco sticker under the hood.

Thanks, folks! I'll have to look under the hood.

Pre-buy inspection on Thursday. Fingers crossed.

MJK, would love to see a photo of where it is under the hood so that I can compare.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom