Mismatched rear Leaf springs? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
My 86 FJ60, I’ve had it for 10 years, and it always had the little lean towards the front driver side. It has an Old Man Emu heavy lift on it. It took the two rear springs off and the observation is that one is taller than the other. I’m wondering if one has been bent or if it had the wrong spring on it.
I was told that the non-US versions had a taller rear right leaf spring so that is the genius of the question on if the left was flattened, seems unlikely, or that the right is incorrect.
I much appreciate any input!
Dave

image.jpg

My 86 FJ60, I’ve had it for 10 years, and it always had the little lean towards the front driver side. It has an Old Man Emu heavy lift on it. It took the two rear springs off and the observation is that one is taller than the other. I’m wondering if one has been bent or if it had the wrong spring on it.
I was told that the non-US versions had a taller rear right leaf spring so that is the genius of the question on if the left was flattened, seems unlikely, or that the right is incorrect.
I much appreciate any input!
Dave

View attachment 2089063
Yes the ome lift has springs with different archs to compensate for the lean.

The frame is straight but the weight distribution isn't even with the driver always sitting in on one side (left side USA, right side in some other countries). Over time, the extra weight on that side compresses the springs farther (on the driver's side) than the other and the cruiser develops a lean. Usually the High spring of an OME pair is installed on the front left to account for this in the USA.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom