Misfire on cylinder 8 and horror help (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I certainly would not get that engine running again before checking things seriously, and even then, not with any gas going to that cylinder.
That's quite dire language :rolleyes:

If I suspected a failed injector of melting the plug, I would bench test the injector rather than risk further damage to a different cylinder.
x2, and that's probably where I would've started.

I had neither mine the aftermarket coil burned the cylinder that was full of fuel a lot hotter than Denso.

Melted it in same fashion.

Older FI system still pumps fuel in the cylinder so mine was super full driving for about 100 miles before grabbing a coil.

Put a helicoil in and fresh plugs and OEM coil pack and zero issues for 150k miles and second plug in that hole when time to change plugs.

Your motor is probably fine

I had a friend’s dad Tundra do same thing. Helicoil and pealed out and no issues.

Don’t sweat it

^^^same experience as @Bomar on my 99. Happened at 240K miles, or so…now at 310K with no further issues.

I be very interested in compression test, in those with Helicoil or time cert installed...........??????????????

To date, I've done compression test on three, 4.7L with helicoil or time cert. They failed test done by the book (FSM), bases on book spec. They all seem to run fine more or less. Except a little low MPG, rough idle and fuel trims not ideal. One's been kicking off CAT DTC now after about 80K with time cert. One starting to smoke just a tad after 20K.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom