Mirrors for towing a small boxed trailer. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello Everyone,
When I built my rear bumper/spare tire carrier for my 60, I didn't do so with pulling a trailer in mind. So I built an off road trailer that I can't see while driving because of the rear tire. I didn't realize the trailer wouldn't be visible until the trailer was complete and attached to my 60. I learned many, many, lessons during the trailer build. (The last time I used the trailer was on the Georgia Traverse.) I'm currently using this type of mirror.
So I'm looking for mirror suggestion allowing my to see my trailer.
As you can see, or not, from the photo from the driver's seat - the trailer isn't visible.

mirror.jpg

Here is the trailer and view from the drivers seat.

trailer with dimensions.jpg

drivers seat cropped.jpg

The fiberglass pole I understand. What's a "small fluorescent flat"?

Thanks for the suggestions. I've driven some very narrow trails and I'm not sure how many branches/brush I could hit before I mess these up. I could buy/break a lot of flags for $117.00. I think I'll go with the flags and see how they work.

Last edited:
Thanks for the suggestions. I could buy/break a lot of flags for $117.00. I think I'll go with the flags and see how they work.

I have a M416 that I use a good bit and know how it can "disappear" while being towed. I've been meaning to install a pair of poles with flags but just have not done so yet. I think they would be especially useful when backing the trailer because of its tendency to jack knife. Three of my Cruisers bear the marks and from a M416 jack knife incident.

Thanks for the suggestions and I couldn't find any size of fluorescent flats. They may have been discontinued:bang:.

Sprinkler flags would be cheap and easy to replace when they kiss the trail.
they come in all kinds of bright colors.
I might try them now that I type this up...

I put these on the back of my '77 Ford Courier pickup bed trailer, as this trailer disappears behind all my trucks. Make them easy to remove, so that when you're unloading the trailer, you're not fighting them. They are sold individually at Home Depot and Harbor Freight (or once were).

I like this idea. I'll check 'em out.
Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom