Mirrors for the 40 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Godwin

Resident Herpetologist
SILVER Star
Threads
Since I've had my 40 I've gone through several sets of mirrors. They either get trashed or are so cheap that they will not stay set, and mirrors that do nothing but flop in the breeze are worse than useless. I've found some that are solid, give a good view, fold in tight, and were relatively easy to mount. Here's a couple of pics.
IMG_1177a.jpg
IMG_1180a.jpg

Jim, are those 62 mirrors?

those are Jeep mirrors....
speaking of which do you have any idea of a decent and cheap mirror to mount on the hinges when running with the soft top?

Summit sells some for $15 that I think might fit

Godwin said:
Jeep? Blasphemy! These are genuine Toyota, and Cruiser at that.

hehehehe :)

Fj60 ??

Last edited:
Mine-spec HZJ75 mirrors?! :cool:

I know, I cheated....

Can you recommend a set of mirrors for my 74 FJ-40 that are body mounted so I can see who's eating my dust when I have my doors removed?

Colorado Boy-74-FJ40 said:
Can you recommend a set of mirrors for my 74 FJ-40 that are body mounted so I can see who's eating my dust when I have my doors removed?

Factory mirror arms that mounted below the windshield hinge on the cowl. 68 and older. Still available new. Oh yeah, you can also mount them on the two diagonal windshield hinge screws on the front of the hinge, which will save having to drill new holes, but will not fold back into the body like if you mount them on the side.
mark moab 0505 pic11.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom