Mirror wiring plugs? (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I am looking at putting electic mirrors on my hose out (base model) 80 which didn't have them from the factory. (Nor does it have power windows or central locking.)

I have found the plug for the switch behind the blanking plate in the dash, beside the lighting rheostat, but am wondering what I should be looking for behind the kick panels.

I assume that there is a loom which runs from the footwell to somewhere in the door and then another up to the mirror. Can anybody tell me if the wiring for the mirror(s) is bundled with all the other wiring for the doors, like windows, locks etc., through one big connector or are the mirrors on their own 3 or 4 pin plug which should have a green, a white and a yellow wire if my diagram is correct?

Any help would be appreciated.

Last edited:
Doesn't anybody have a factory EWD they could just have a quick look at for me? I only have a copy of the page with the wiring colours, but not where the plugs and connectors are located.

Please?!?

After 77 views and no replies, I guess nobody really gives a f__k, but here is the end result of my latest little mod which promted this thread anyway.

I managed to find a couple of mirrors at the local wrecker and made up a jumper lead to go from the big plug in the foot well (which BTW powers everything in the door if anyone was wondering, or cares) up to the mirror plug inside the door.

FWIW the 20 pin plugs are BJ1 for the LHS and BK1 for the RHS according to the EWD the local stealership was good enough to let me have a look at. I would like a copy but they tell me they can no longer supply it, which is why I asked here in the first place.

The switch was just plug and play as the wiring was already there, as I already mentioned.

The only problem is that the new mirrors are chrome, and a bit too blingy for mine, but at least they match the door handles!

So now I finally have a near side mirror that I can adjust from the drivers seat.:)
new mirror wire.jpg
new mirror.jpg

nice mod. the chrome doesn't look too out of place, you can always paint it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom