Mirror reverse problem (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have the known problem where the mirrors want go back after going in reverse. I replaced the actuators in the mirrors and the module in the door with the ones in TSB (newer versions.). The mirror at the passenger side does work, but the one at the driver sides does not come up. Going in reverse for the second time the actuators try to push it further down. Are the new actuators faulty or do I have to initialize the mirrors?

Not sure if this helps, but I noticed when I put my side mirror L/R selector in the middle, it does not adjust my side mirrors when in reverse. I had to do that because my right side mirror would not come back to previous position when in Drive. Mine seems to have a gear coming loose it seems (stays down too), but have yet to investigate. So that is my workaround until then so it won't move.

If you notice that actuator is trying to move to one direction but stuck there, that may be due to installation position offset. try to push the mirror to the other direction and you will hear some click noise. after that one try to see if actuator can move the mirror or not.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom