Mirror options (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello again,

I have removed my hardtop and now need to get some mirrors. I have done a search on the board here and have come up with conflicting information about where to buy them etc.

I was wondering about options.

1. Is there any positive experinces with mirrors that mount on the windshield frame? Who makes them etc.

2. Any pics of home made arms with aftermarket heads?

Thanks as always, ROB

toyota makes mirrors that can mount off your windshield hinge bolts. that's what i run and i'm very happy. arm is p/n 87902 60030 and just buy a cheap mirror head from a truck stop for $7.

don't bother with the ones that jto keeps selling on ebay...they're the same thing that jc whitney's sell (only jc sells them for $15 and jto bends you over), and those mirrors suck. the adjuster screw strips out easy and you can't get them tight enough to not shake horribly.

Is there an online source for the arms, like a Yota dealership that caters to Cruiserheads that you would recommend for the arms?

I was installing a new ceiling fan in my son's room and I found a good use for the extra down rod that was provided with the fan.

mirror.jpg

I never liked those crappy plastic mirror heads that came with the truck, so I went to windshield mounted mirrors. They work great even with the hardtop on. Still available from the dealer and the heads can be had in round or rectangle.
mir.jpg

Contact CDan in the vendor section of this board. He should be able to get 'em for ya.

yup, thats what I run on the 45LPB, except they mount to the body not the hinge(as this is where they were stock) I like them just fine.

also the round or rectangular heads work great on a 45LV OEM fender mount mirror

and Cdan is the man for OEM parts here :)

John

Robert LaDuke said:
I never liked those crappy plastic mirror heads that came with the truck, so I went to windshield mounted mirrors. They work great even with the hardtop on. Still available from the dealer and the heads can be had in round or rectangle.

with that style, can you still use the mirror with the windshield down? :doh:

Landpimp said:
yup, thats what I run on the 45LPB, except they mount to the body not the hinge(as this is where they were stock) I like them just fine.

John,
Do you have a picture of this? I'm not quite sure what you mean . I put mine on the hinge 'cause I saw a picture on CCOT with them mounted that way. I'm Interested to see how they should be mounted if this is wrong. Thanks

Robert LaDuke said:
John,
Do you have a picture of this? I'm not quite sure what you mean . I put mine on the hinge 'cause I saw a picture on CCOT with them mounted that way. I'm Interested to see how they should be mounted if this is wrong. Thanks
this is the oem mounting....htey just happen to work well on the hinge and i don' tthink you can get the reinforcement any more to mount them on the body.
P4160003.JPG

Ige got it :)

79184074.jpg

I think my arms migh have come with the braket for the outside but not the inside, but its just a piece of flat metal I recall. Mine had the same mount on the PS side also

Thanks for the pics Ige and John.
Looks like mine will stay where they are for now. The drivers side works fine attached to the hinge but the passenger side is really difficult to adjust to the correct angle. Now i know why.

I use the toyota windshield mount arms and the free aftermarket replica mirror heads CCOT seems to send me every time I place an order. I had the square heads that are supposed to go with the windshield mount mirrors, but they were pretty small.

out

To be able to see.
IMG_3355.jpg

In to keep from ripping them off on a deep rut or tree. And if you roll over on your side that will be one less thing to buy. :D Cause they are expensive and worth it.
camping1.jpg

Call me crazy, but...

I saw some high-tech bike kick stands the other day. Kick stands don't look like they did when I rode a bike! They would mount to a cruiser on the door side of the windshield hinge (one bolt hole). In the "down" position they would stick out at a good angle to support a mirror. In the "up" position, they would fold-up along the hood. I guess the passengers side would fold slightly into the cab (?opposite side?) One potential issue would be the wind forcing the passengers side to fold in if your cruiser is that fast or the mirror catches enough wind. You could trim them to your best length and use some truck-stop mirror heads. Advance has some 5 inch round black convex mirrors that work well with the OEM arms that mount to the door hinges ('75 or '76 and older?). What do you think? Anyone done this?

77TLCFJ40 said:
Call me crazy, but...

That sounds interesting... Why have the passenger side mirror at all? (Mine was useless because of the non-stock roll cage)

hmmmm

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom