MIOBI Labor Day Event (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
miobi_ld08_03_fp.jpg

What's the cost for non-members?

Are there organized runs or is it a free for all?

I suspect the following MIOBI fees from the website apply.....

New Event Fee Policy is now in effect:

Members:
$35 per vehicle for the entire event
or
$25 per vehicle per day

Non-members:
$55 per vehicle for the entire event
or
$25 per vehicle per day

Admission covers the vehicle, you (the driver) and immediate family members.
Additional vehicle occupants going on the trail will be $5 for the entire event

For those wishing to camp\RV:
$5 camping for whole weekend
Electricity is $5 a day for tents, $8 a day campers and RV's

That is correct Kurt.

Thanks for asking Art, I should have posted that info. But it's just so much trouble to copy and paste, gah it would have taken me a whole extra 5 seconds.
OH, and Labor Day will be a free for all on the trails. It generally is down there, I think TCCC is the most organized event there, in that respect.
I have to admit, there's been lots of trail cleanup this year and despite alot of rain (memorial weekend was soaked and the trails really took a beating), the trails are in pretty good shape.

Now, I have to live the rest of my life knowing that I'm just a shadow of what Kurt is.

EDIT: OK, in an attempt to reclaim some of my pride, Kurt did ya know I now have an IFS rear axle loaded with Eldorado disc brakes (and a 1 ton master cyl to match)? Eh? How about those beans!

That is correct Kurt.

Thanks for asking Art, I should have posted that info. But it's just so much trouble to copy and paste, gah it would have taken me a whole extra 5 seconds.
OH, and Labor Day will be a free for all on the trails. It generally is down there, I think TCCC is the most organized event there, in that respect.
I have to admit, there's been lots of trail cleanup this year and despite alot of rain (memorial weekend was soaked and the trails really took a beating), the trails are in pretty good shape.

Now, I have to live the rest of my life knowing that I'm just a shadow of what Kurt is.

EDIT: OK, in an attempt to reclaim some of my pride, Kurt did ya know I now have an IFS rear axle loaded with Eldorado disc brakes (and a 1 ton master cyl to match)? Eh? How about those beans!

Is there going to be any trail cleanup days prior to TCCC and MIOBI Labor Day events? If so, information on that would be cool, there are a few of us that are wanting to go down and pitch in. If nothing formal is planned maybe I'll give Dan a call and see if he's cool with us coming down for a day.

Thanks for the feedback fellas!

-Art

Dude your making me jealous. ;) After my Black Hills trip my brakes are crap. Think I need some new front calipers.

Is there going to be any trail cleanup days prior to TCCC and MIOBI Labor Day events?
I suspect there will be something before the Labor Day event. I haven't heard when. Are the two events are back to back? If so does MIOBI know there is an event the week before? I would check the MIOBI forum periodically. It wouldn't hurt to give Dan a call and see what he says. I am sure he would welcome any trail clean up effort. Like Dingman said the trails are in pretty good shape considering. I was down there June 22 and things were in pretty good shape. Suprisingly we didn't have to move any logs or big tree branches.

Dude your making me jealous. ;) After my Black Hills trip my brakes are crap. Think I need some new front calipers.

I suspect there will be something before the Labor Day event. I haven't heard when. Are the two events are back to back? If so does MIOBI know there is an event the week before? I would check the MIOBI forum periodically. It wouldn't hurt to give Dan a call and see what he says. I am sure he would welcome any trail clean up effort. Like Dingman said the trails are in pretty good shape considering. I was down there June 22 and things were in pretty good shape. Suprisingly we didn't have to move any logs or big tree branches.

Yeah the event's are consecutive weekends. Not sure if MIOBI knows or not as our event isn't on their calendar. We've talked to Dan a couple of times about the event and we are all set there. I'm not a MIOBI member so I'm not sure what get's discussed in their meetings.

I got the TCCC event added to our calendar last weekend.

We've got a meeting next weekend, I'm pretty sure no more trail cleanups are planned but at the same time, there are still a couple of trees down across a couple of trails.

But it is only just a couple (that I've seen) and since TCCC is before labor day, it might be good the way it is.

I'll bring it up at the next meeting.
So, if you had your choice Art, are you interested in getting to scope out the trails before TCCC? Meaning that, I doubt there would be an issue with you bringing down a few guys for trail cleanup if you want to do that. Is that right, I want to have the details straight.

I got the TCCC event added to our calendar last weekend.

We've got a meeting next weekend, I'm pretty sure no more trail cleanups are planned but at the same time, there are still a couple of trees down across a couple of trails.

But it is only just a couple (that I've seen) and since TCCC is before labor day, it might be good the way it is.

I'll bring it up at the next meeting.
So, if you had your choice Art, are you interested in getting to scope out the trails before TCCC? Meaning that, I doubt there would be an issue with you bringing down a few guys for trail cleanup if you want to do that. Is that right, I want to have the details straight.

Yeah, we would like to come down and scope out the trails, see how they are looking this year and do some trail/trash cleanup as well (you know, give back a bit). I'm pretty sure that when Casey talked to Dan, Dan was comfortable with our members camping on Thursday night of the event down there, I'll give him a call this week to confirm. That'll give us a little head start on getting things setup on Friday morning.

Not sure if I'll be able to make this one with tall corn being so close but I'll see what I can do. Anyways, I posted it up on my site.

Last edited:
The VP of MIOBI works at Lennox w/ me, and I didn't even know it! He called me on Tuesday and said, "Hey, was that your FJC in the parking lot yesterday? Did you go wheelin?" "Yeah" I said. "At the TCCC? You know, I'm the VP of MIOBI...." Thought that was kinda funny. I think he said his name was Mike...? Not sure though.

I'm going, I'll be taking the 83 this time.
Looks bad!! :D Let me know what time.
I think he said his name was Mike...? Not sure though.
I don't recall who is the vice president. Didn't think it was a Mike, but I could be wrong. I know the President is Chris. I thought they had that info on their website, but I didn't find it.

FYI - I am going to be leading a slightly modded Yota and Toyota stocker on Saturday morning. One was at Tall Corn and the other wasn't. Would would be open to allowing others.

I'm talking the :princess:into going. I have a feeling this will be more fun than visiting the bridges of madison county. We'll probably be coming down this afternoon.

I'm talking the :princess:into going. I have a feeling this will be more fun than visiting the bridges of madison county. We'll probably be coming down this afternoon.

On Saturday Chris O. managed to put his truck on its side. Sorry didn't get any pictures of it.

Luke has some photos and good footage from Sunday. :D I will let him post them.

Our group met Gary Hanson from GJ Hanson Photography while we were running the "Canyon". He took a LOT of pictures over the weekend and gave me a business card with his website. Here is the link to his photos....
PhotoReflect - GJ Hanson Photography

Me in the "Canyon"

Another picture of me in the "Canyon"

Getting tippy in the "Canyon"

Whoops, rolled the '83 last weekend. Video and pics here:

www.frontier4x4.com

Plan is to cut the top of the cab off and continue to beat the crap out of it while I a build a chassis to swap the drivetrain to.

So are you gonna need a rider for the next run?

I'm not asking for myself, I just figured you won't be able to get your girlfriend to ride with you again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom