Mint condition Toyotas for posterity (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

WarDamnEagle

SILVER Star
Threads
Hey Jerod,

We really should download the photos of this 85 SR5 from ebay and save them in a thread or maybe in the FAQ. Not sure exactly how to go about it. Someone posted the link in chat: https://forum.ih8mud.com/chit-chat/583139-want.html

Link is in first post.

*Nice, good thinking! Exactly why I posted pics in the 2nd Gen Runner thread this week. We need this stuff around.

People shook their head's 10 years ago when I was doing restorations on Supra's and Corolla's, now look at the market base. Any time I see a "keeper" I try to get shots.

First two are the private collection at Stevens Creek Toyota. Yes, that's a Stout and no, pics didn't come out good. I need to re-shoot it.
photo%25287%2529.JPG

photo%25288%2529.JPG

photo.JPG

*Side note (just FYI): that Runner's owner had to have been a serious smoker. Look closely at the wear on the cigarette lighter emblem as well as the light scratches/burns on the top face of the ash tray.

Hopefully all that cleaning it looks like they did got that smoky dank smell out of it.

(Sorry to harsh up the topic, but as a collector and restorer those are the first things I spot these days.)
DSC_1275.jpg

From the ad:
- Interior is basically as new with no rips or stains, no smells, no smoke, no pets, no cracks anywhere in the plastic or dash, unique floor mats

Last edited:
That frame is so clean I could eat off it.

Supposed to be full red or red/white, maybe it's just the angle of the shot but all I see below the red is bulb, like the lower clear half is missing or the full red lens is cracked?

Very nice

I think 17k is a bit too much,Norcal has a good point about a few things about the rig it looks too good if you know what i mean.I would not consider this a museum piece IMHO.The trucks looks like it went through a good cleaning prior to putting it out in the market or the possibility of hiding something.:meh:

I'd post pictures on the interior of my truck when I got it in '02, but I don't wan to burn anybody's retinas with the awful red color.

I just thought the photos of the all original SR5 interior were good for reference. I wasn't really thinking of it as a museum piece.

I have questions all the time about exactly how certain interior pieces looked on the early SR5 models and the photos in this add seemed to cover everything pretty well.

Last edited:
I just thought the photos of the all original SR5 interior were good for reference. I wasn't really thinking of it as a museum piece...

I know what you meant, I was just playing the opposite side. Say we were to ever decide to use this stuff as a buyers guide in here people would need to know what to look out for. Next time I'll send the stuff via pm first to not detour the topic. :clap:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom