SOLD Minnesota 1991/LC/FJ80 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Year
Vehicle Model
  1. 80 Series
Mileage
Color
White
1991 FJ80 with 227,196 miles. The color is 045. The number on the frame matches the number on the dash and on the door. I can see a plate on the PS of the engine, but I couldn't get it clean enough to read the number. As far as I can tell, it's a 3FE. I'm asking $4,500.00 for it. The radiator, alternator, water pump, spark plugs, fuel filter, and some other things, distributor rotor and cap, pcv valve, thermostat, etc., were replaced in 2016. There was some work done on the brakes, but I'm not sure how much.

Since I bought it in 2014, there have been a total of 1,587 miles put on it. It has rust in several spots, on the tailgate, the door for the gas cap, and on the rocker panels and a little on the doors. Judging by the repair records, this was an Illinois and Minnesota car, so it has expected rust underneath. I'm assuming that I'm the fifth owner. The interior that I haven't cleaned should clean up nicely. There is a tear in the front seat, both sides I think, a couple tiny tears in the middle seats, and one of the third-row seats is pretty much no good. The tailgate latch needs to be fixed, although both the bottom and the top do open. The roof doesn't open, and the radio/CD player doesn't work. I usually jump it to start it, which sucks, but since I'm not an electrician or a mechanic, I'm not about to mess with the wiring. Terrorists and people who make mistakes are always looking for someone to point fingers at, so I just stuck to cleaning the interior and going at the rust spots with rubbing compound.

I bought this from someone in my building back in 2014. To make a short story long, she said that she had gotten it for free and that she could use the money and wanted to sell it. It reminded me of a truck my family used to have, and it reminded me of a vehicle a friend and I hitched a ride in years ago after the reverse went out on my car while taking her to an appointment, so I said, "What the heck!" I had only ridden in it once or twice and I didn't trust it, so I just let it sit. I did a little research on the vehicle and realized that there really weren't that many made and kinda felt badly. Kind of a pity that I ended up with it! I became acquainted with a young man who had moved into the building I live in and once I realized that he knew stuff about cars, I asked him to take a look at it. He was all impressed by the engine, I was impressed that he was impressed, but it had no antifreeze in it. (I had only driven it once, so I was fairly certain that had nothing to do with me. I live in a high crime area, so it wouldn't surprise me that someone would mess with it.) So, he filled up an empty vodka bottle and we dumped some water in to see if it was leaking. It wasn't leaking. We did end up taking it for a drive and although I again expressed some concern with how it drove, he assured me that part was fine. I had mostly driven smaller cars and once he took me for a ride in his old Scottsdale, I understood why he thought it was fine. Then, finally in late 2016, I put an ad on Craigslist looking for someone to do some work on the vehicle. So, someone brought it to their place and did some work on it.

20211013_155436.jpg

20211013_155406 (2).jpg

20211013_155450 (2).jpg

20211025_153315.jpg

20211110_144156.jpg

20211229_135453.jpg

20211229_135510.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom