1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Minn. Government Shuts Down; 9,000 Jobless

Discussion in 'Chit-Chat' started by erics_bruisers, Jul 1, 2005.

1. erics_bruisers

erics_bruisers

2. wob

wob

3. erics_bruisers

erics_bruisers

4. thorvald

thorvald .......

Media:
    Albums:
    Dean Johnson was the minister at our church till he went into politics. nice guy :)

5. wob

wob

I tried that link on Yahoo this morning when I saw the headline, and it didn't work then either. Something strange must be up here at work then.

6. swank60

swank60

You may have broken your internets. Have you tried pushing the button on your internets for email? That could help.

7. photogod

photogod

This state sucks and blows. Literally. To many fags and dykes and that means to many liberals (not that there is anything wrong with that). The Governor and the politicians can't even agree on where to hold the meetings let alone what to meet about. It's all about power plays and not about making the state run correctly. Makes me sick to think I pay some of the highest taxes in the nation to live in this s*** hole of a state. Minnesota nice is a joke. It's all about me, me, me with the polititions here :mad: . F#@k I hate Liberals. Said good bye to the CCW permits last year because some left wing religious group thought the law was unconstitutional and didn't get enough debate in the house or senate. They were wearing bullet proof vests in the state senate to try and prove their point. A bunch of juviniles pretending to be adults. Unfortunately we are stuck here for four more years till the kid has graduated from MSU then we are out of here to somewhere where I can actually have firearms without feeling like a leper :mad:

Rant off. :crybaby:

8. willmaxr

willmaxr

Quote - Makes me sick to think I pay some of the highest taxes in the nation to live in this s*** hole of a state. Minnesota nice is a joke. - Quote

Yup...

9. photogod

photogod

Sorry bout the double post!!! That's how pissed I am.

10. NorCalDoug

NorCalDoug problems solved daily...

They should have a stop-gap measure in place like California.
    That way, they can debate and debate and debate about the state budget for months after the deadline without shutting down.

Granted...this might mean that some employees will NOT be paid until they resolve the budget, but hey...someone's got to make sacrafices, right? :rolleyes:

11. gulp3000

gulp3000

Is it me, or is there a lot of teachers in MN? I know 4-5 out here in CO and since I met my fiance (from MN), I have lost count. Most of her family and most of her friends are in the school system. I always thought school was a necessary evil to learn what you had to do to live in the real world. Back there it seems to be the #1 industry. Love the fishing, winter sports, and the the people (nothing wrong with a state full of blonde, blue-eyed small town girls...don't tell my brunette that).

Offtah!

12. fj40Matt

fj40Matt

My father in law is out of job as of this morning because of this s***.

Partisan politics at its best. I'm normally side with Republicans but this time both parties are just completely off the deep end. You'd think with taxes this high, they'd figure out that more taxes aren't the answer. ****ers...

I hope they feel it come election time (wishful thinking, I know).

13. PHBeerman

PHBeerman

This is the state that elected a professional wrestler as govenor. What do you expect?

14. Doc

Doc

Media:
    Albums:
    "Come to Iowa! We don't care if you can read or write, you can sure as heck get your CCW! PS- don't worry about a pesky proficiency test either... first day you've held a gun? Here's your CCW!"

Sorry, but it's true. There has to be a happy medium someplace.

15. Doc

Doc

Media:
    Albums:
    I should also note that I fully support the rights of any individual regardless of age, education, race, etc... to own and bear firearms.

HOWEVER. For the right to conceal firearms I think there needs to be a basic gun proficiency testing. Open carry rights should not be infringed. Unfortunately open carry in Iowa is a felony. Your only choice is to carry concealed, which makes obtaining one easy. Makes sense I guess, but.....

16. GetsUThere

GetsUThere

When I lived in CA this happened just about every year too. I always thought it was amazing that even with the state government operating "critical" services only, nothing really seemed to change. Personally I always thought they should just operate in this mode for 9 mos out of the year :D