Minitruck odd ball size brass bubble flare ferrule needed (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1973Guppie

Supporting Vendor
Threads
Website
www.noahsarkstlc.com
Please see this thread for more info: help identify minitruck power steering gear box - https://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/help-identify-minitruck-power-steering-gear-box.585592/

So I am doing a minitruck ps conversion and it seems the box I have here is a 1981 I believe that has a smaller return line port on it. From my research I guess this is an oddball minitruck box. The issue I am having is that the box does not have the inner brass ferule on the return line cavity. I know JTO sells the ferrules but unfortunately they are for the more normal larger size holes. I am hoping someone out there can give me a part # or has one laying around? I already callled toyota and they could not identify the part needed.

Thx,

Noah

Noah,

This may help you:

When Toyota first installed power steering on the 40 series, they installed a ps box that used two different size ports--11.8mm for the return and 13mm for the pressure port. They ran this from 1/79 until 7/80.

Then they wisely decided to use the same larger size for both ports--13mm--with "The Great 8 of 80" updates from 8/80 - 4/86.

The smaller 11.8mm OD conical brass seat was 90410-05035, and is long discontinued and NLA.

The larger 13mm OD conical brass seat is. 90410-06030, also used on the ps pump, and might still be available.

Even though you are using a mini-truck ps box, as you know its only difference with the 40 series box is the angle mounting. I suspect that from the same era, both mini-truck and 40-series boxes will have all the same parts except the box castings, including the same port sizes and seats, whether using 2 different diameters or not. Have any good Toyota junkyards nearby?

HTH

Noah,

This may help you:

When Toyota first installed power steering on the 40 series, they installed a ps box that used two different size ports--11.8mm for the return and 13mm for the pressure port. They ran this from 1/79 until 7/80.

Then they wisely decided to use the same larger size for both ports--13mm--with "The Great 8 of 80" updates from 8/80 - 4/86.

The smaller 11.8mm OD conical brass seat was 90410-05035, and is long discontinued and NLA.

The larger 13mm OD conical brass seat is. 90410-06030, also used on the ps pump, and might still be available.

Even though you are using a mini-truck ps box, as you know its only difference with the 40 series box is the angle mounting. I suspect that from the same era, both mini-truck and 40-series boxes will have all the same parts except the box castings, including the same port sizes and seats, whether using 2 different diameters or not. Have any good Toyota junkyards nearby?

HTH

thx for that, don't really want to venture down the rabbit hole of going to a junkyard, this has been enough of a time suck, I may have to just swap out the box with another I have on the shelf, but what sucks is now I have an unusable box on the shelf and these are $$$.

Understood if no good junkyards near you, but old mini-trucks are out there.

Another option, try one of the ps box rebuilders to see if they may sell you just the hose seat you want. Try West Texas Offroad.

Noah,

This may help you:

HTH
Welp, appreciate the info. So I contacted the local toyota dealer and they confirmed that they are indeed still available, only 2 in the country so I snapped them up. Hopefully they are what I need. I will update the thread when I find out and keep one on hand for anyone that might need it. I really appreciate the help Bear!

Understood if no good junkyards near you, but old mini-trucks are out there.

Another option, try one of the ps box rebuilders to see if they may sell you just the hose seat you want. Try West Texas Offroad.

yeah may call them if the dealer stuff does not work out. Thank you!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom