x (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Vertical reinforcement? I'd be inclined to build a "bridge", coped against the diff, finishing flat against the bottom of the pictured bracket.

Red is what I was suggesting, but blue and red together is probably what I'd do. Basically building a mini TMR truss:

Looking at those pics, the red bits I was suggesting may not be necessary, but their design is much tighter to the diff than yours. Then again, their design uses 1/2" plate, not 1/4" plate, so the additional gusseting is probably warranted.

Oh yeah, 1/4" is fine, but I'd put some gusseting above and below. I tend to overbuild rather than risk underbuilding.

The 1/4" full truss setups have the red and blue gusseting most of the time.

Red is what I was suggesting, but blue and red together is probably what I'd do. Basically building a mini TMR truss:

Looking at those pics, the red bits I was suggesting may not be necessary, but their design is much tighter to the diff than yours. Then again, their design uses 1/2" plate, not 1/4" plate, so the additional gusseting is probably warranted.
I had a truss much like the TMR one in 3/8 which I bent severely and later changed over to one of the artec trusses. I would agree with Johnny entirely that you need to add gussets in multiple planes to support the truss.

Is there a reason you can't run your upper link on the driver side with a simple ruffstuff upper link bracket?

Funny you bring up this option. It was brought up at another location ;)

Unfortunately, Ruffstuff is too short. But I am giving serious thoughts to that route with a home made job :)

I'm using the ruffstuff axle tower and it sits higher than the top of the diff. Vertical separation of my links in probably 10". Bonus, you can drive down to ruff stuff and walk out with the pieces👍

I got ya. Well if its any help, road manners with 10" of axle separation are pretty good. Good luck with the build, can't wait to see it out on the trail.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom