mini truck (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
going to check out a 86/87 mini to build with mike (stepdad) what potential problems should i look for ?
thks rob

IFS.. I'm just kidding.. Bob's your guy on this question or Alex Jingles.. Don't think he hangs out here tho..
It should have powersteering which will work great for a solid axle swap.. Stick or auto?

Rob,

I found my notes from Marlin that help you figure out what the tranny is. There is no model number on the tranny, but if the tranny was built before 8/84, there is a serial number.

There will be an 8 digit number stamped at the bottom of the trans, across the back of the cast iron housing right in front and below the aluminun t/case adapter. It may sometimes be partly blocked by the aluminum housing.

The first two numbers are the month, next the year, and then the serial number on the trans. 06300985 would be a June of 83 and the 985th trans built in that month.

Bob

Rob,

One other thing to keep in mind if they used took the computer and wiring harness, you may have to replace at least some of the wiring in order to get the truck running.

Bob

Bob,

we planed on building a new wiring harness anyway, something simple and trail reliable.

Rob

we baught the mini its a 81, so got the solid front has a 22r needs to be rebuilt, looking for a 5spd trans for it since it has a 4spd

Just run the 4 spd as long as it lasts. With bigger tires you can't use 5th anyway without regearing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom