mini truck steering? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
so i did a bunch for research and was wondering how big of tire you can run with the push pull setup with a power mini truck box mounted? i know guy that is running it with 35s and says it works well but isnt the best in the rocks. rig is on 35s and is getting a mini truck brake swap other than that its stock. trying to stay semi budget but want it to work as its the wifes rig and i want it to be easy for her to drive on and off road. let me know your thoughts thanks!!

Will soon be installing mini truck power steering on my 40. I'm running 33x9.5x15's and may go up to a 33x12.5x15 at times. The only reason I'm installing on mine is that when I was younger I owned a 1979 and a 1981 Toyota mini truck both running 35's, beat the ever living s*** out of them while wheeling and never had any problems. The exception was that we didn't do any ROCK wheeling at all. Mud, mountains, snow, stumps, swamps, all that sort of wheeling was just fine.

Been running the Mini truck set up with 35's for 10 years. No problems. I will tell you that you need to run a cooler of some sort. A cheap tranny cooler will work fine. Good luck!

same here except we ran 38s and 40s with no problems.

Have any of you guys ran just the loop that comes stock with the Mini truck? Or would you recommend something better such as a tranny cooler?

same here except we ran 38s and 40s with no problems.

WAs that a push pull or IFS box? This rig isnt going to be doing super hard wheeling hardest trail would be rubicon, anything harder illrun my 45, I thought about a saginaw box but when you break it down those are pretty spendy to install even with junkyard parts

To be specific mine is a steering box off of a 79-84 4x4 mini truck and a Tercell PS pump. I know, I know, a Tercell!!! That's what we made work and have never changed it. I have seen plenty of other pumps to include a GM pump (Orangefj45 on mud has brackets for sale for this application) which is what I will do when I replace it. I already have the bracket ready for the install.

I have run the same mini push pull box, not the IFS box, for three years and absolutly love it. I am running a Chevy Saginaw pump and I have plenty of turning power, even in the rocks.

my 45 has the saginaw on it and it works great except cant get the belt not to squeak when under a load, also how big of tires do most people run with the push pull? like i said it will most likley only get 35s at most but will be locked in the front as well eventually

I put the minitruck box on my 40. It has worked well with 35's.... the 5th or 6th time through the rubicon/fordyce the ears started to peel off the center link. The center link is the weak spot, carry a spare. They wear quickly, and the mounting tabs will tear off.
PMK

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom