mini truck pump on a 2F? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
i got a mini truck pump to put on my fj40, but the pulley is to narrow. anyone know if another pulley will fit this pump that is wider? maybe i could get one made?(i know a machinist)

I'm not familiar for the pump you speak of, I used a Sag pump, put a Volvo pulley on it to match the other pulleys. I'll bet you can find a Toyo pulley that is wide like the rest of them. How does the pulley attach? My Sag has a pressed on taper fit flange and the pulley bolts on with 4 bolts. You can run the narrow belt, but may experience increased wear due ro running too deep in the crank pulley and waterpump pulley.
There are several industrial pulley manufacturers that have been posted here. Run with the one you've got until you find a good source.
Not much help, huh?
Ed

it has a key way and then a nut holds it on. i think i will try using the stock pulley. and try finding a pulley wider and the same diameter then get my machinist buddy to machine the center hole to the same diameter.

You might see if the pulley of a 2f smog pump will work, I made a shim and used it on a saginaw pump with the nut and key, not the press on style. Good luck, Glen

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom