mini truck hub/rotor seperation (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Anybody wish to school me on the secret to seperating/splitting the hub and rotor from a mini-truck? We've gotten the 6 lug studs pressed (hammered) loose. But there appear to be two smaller (maybe 7.5 mm) bolts that appear to be round headed also attaching the hub to the rotor. What be the best way to get these out and is there anything else that will need to be done to pull them apart. My rig came already converted and the high schooler who's project this is is getting frustrated with my rookie wrenching and lack of applicable experience in this conversion. Something about a 15 year old having zero patience. Thanks

Well,

The bolts that you talk about, SHOULD NOT be of a round head, if they are still stock, unless someone tried to remove them previously, and jacked them. They should be a 14mm head fastener, and come right out with a ratchet and socket. If they are rounded, you most likely will need to have the heads drilled off, so that you can get the rotor off, and then work at getting the remaining part of the bolt out after.

---I am not a crapsman tool guy at all---

Now, with that said, they have some sort of socket that grabs rounded heads of bolts and might be the ticket for this....

As far as the 15 year old....tell him to clean something.

Good luck!

-Steve

Yeah, the bolts on the backside just come out (I usually just use my impact and a deep socket) and you bang the old rusted rotor off the hub.

14mm? no way. These boly heads look to be 7.5 or 8 mm and are recessed in the hub.

320t said:
14mm? no way. These boly heads look to be 7.5 or 8 mm and are recessed in the hub.

Got a pic?

Sounds like it's time for the blue-tipped wrench.

I'll try to get a pix, the bolts I'm talking about are recessed on the hub flange between the wheel lug studs.

They sound like centering pins to me. Not bolts.

ok if they are centering pins, do they need to come out? if not how do I split the hub and rotor so I can upgrade to the vented rotors? Still working on the pix Thanks all

Big hammer..

rgr that, any special location work better than others? Thx

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom