Mini truck booster (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Has anyone used a mini truck master and booster on an early (68) FJ40? I made an adapter to clear the rib on the firewall, but was wondering if anyone had a picture of how they did it. Also is there any problem with the throw of the cruiser pedal with the mini truck master cylinder. Thanks for your input. Tom

Tom,
If you've done the disc upgrade let us know of problems encountered etc. as I am doing the same on the '67 FJ45LV.

i'd like to know to i'll be putting a 80 series master and a mini truck booster, i'm rooting for you cruiser tom for some answers

thanks er'body

Mine was on an early fj55, so the rib was much different. But I did use the mini truck parts. I am not sure if the boosters changed in 1983 or 1984, but there was a difference. The later ones have a slightly stronger body and are made to go about flush against the firewall. The older ones (I'm using one for a 1982 hilux) have long studs on the firewall side and use a 1" spacer to space it away from the firewall. I had to use this model because of where my accelerator cable is routed in stock position. The pedal throw is fine, I do not even use all of the travel in mine. However, the push rod that attches to the pedal had to be trimmed a bit, but there were more than enough threads there to allow this.

Yep I have a mini booster and master on my 12/69, was single circuit beforhand. I just cut that ribbing out, and lined up the rod with the peddle, I think there was some grinding on the peice that connects to the peddle but I can't remeber. Works great, not complicated, clutch master dose touch the booster. My mini booster has the 2" aluminum spacer on it from the factory, I picked two up and that was the one that worked best for me.

On my '70, I have a mini booster, 80 series master, mini disc up front, and El Darado in the rear. I got the adaptor for the firewall from Danny W., if that is of any help..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom