mini cruiser (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

murf

Lifer
Threads
While on vacation recently, I stopped to snap a few photos of this 70 series. Cant pass up a LC - even on vacation! Thought it was a cool "little" truck with the front bumper mod. I looked up the website address on the back glass and saw it was for the area landcruiser club.
lc70.jpg
IMG_0207.jpg

Nice, I can't tell does it have IFS or SFA? That would be a fun little truck to have.

That is a Prado not a Land Cruiser.

true................but they plasted Land Cruiser on the back gate and wheel cover. X2 that would be a fun lil truck.

where was that?

It was parked near the Collesium in Rome.The website on his back glass is www.landcruiser-seriek.org which is the Italian Landcruiser/Prado club. The website has some pictures of their group doing a Tunisa to Africa trip. How cool would that be!?

Thanks for the clarification on the 90 series/Prado. I've never seen one before so wasnt sure...

FYI - our 80 series would have a hard time negotiating the streets there - everything is tight and small cars are the rule.

It looks like parking over there is a spectator sport.

attachment.php

-B-

That is a Prado not a Land Cruiser.

They were sold in the UK as Landcruiser Colorado. They were available with a 3litre diesel engine and in 2 or 4 door. This engine is also available with a factory fit intercooler.

Under the skin they were essentially an uprated 3rd Gen Surf/4Runner. Which, AFAIK, is what Toyota based the FJ Cruiser on. Now imagine the FJ with nice turbo diesel power? Lovely!

They were sold in the UK as Landcruiser Colorado. They were available with a 3litre diesel engine and in 2 or 4 door. This engine is also available with a factory fit intercooler.

Under the skin they were essentially an uprated 3rd Gen Surf/4Runner. Which, AFAIK, is what Toyota based the FJ Cruiser on. Now imagine the FJ with nice turbo diesel power? Lovely!

Now if they would only sell it in Colorado as a "Landcruiser UK" in the same package...

Question for those familiar with the Prado:

Does it appear to have a lift on it or do they come that height? A coworker has asked me and i am not sure...I couldnt stop and check it out closely at the time unfortunatley.

Question for those familiar with the Prado:

Does it appear to have a lift on it or do they come that height? A coworker has asked me and i am not sure...I couldnt stop and check it out closely at the time unfortunatley.

sure it have a lift or Body lift ( or both ) usually they come with 265 tires or so .. are IFS and rear solid 8" axles .. 4 bangers or V6 .. thought this one should be a 3RZ or |1KZ-T for the model what is ..

Prado is still in the landcruiser family with IFS. It is a very capable offroader too. The earlier model equipped with the 3.0 1kz-Te and the later model has 3.0 1KD-FTV, more powerful diesel engine. Lots of this is my country.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom