Milky oil coming form the knuckle (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Wile I'm on a roll and have problems I might as well add another post. On my pass. front wheel I have a milky fluid dripping from the dust sheild of my rotor, but it looks like it's coming from behind the rotor and none is on the rotor yet... Forgive me for not digging into it further as I have had my hands full solving other cruiser problems. I'm starting to feel more like a monkey poking at it with a stick, than a person wrenching.

Wile I'm on a roll and have problems I might as well add another post. On my pass. front wheel I have a milky fluid dripping from the dust sheild of my rotor, but it looks like it's coming from behind the rotor and none is on the rotor yet... Forgive me for not digging into it further as I have had my hands full solving other cruiser problems. I'm starting to feel more like a monkey poking at it with a stick, than a person wrenching.

axle seal may have failed mixing the gear oil with grease in knuckle with some water or your axle seal failed and/or breather tube is not sealed and you have water in your diff. bad bad bad either way you go. looks like you need might need a tear down. drain the gear oil from the differental if its milky you know what you have to do from here. do the knuckle job while your in their getting that inner axle seal. if its water inflitration make sure you check all your bearings for rust or damage. if water got in maybe got other crap in too. Check that breather tube mine was barely hanging on when i got mine.

good luck

Sounds like your inner axle seal is gone, and you are leaking groil (grease-oil mix). Search inner axle seal, or birf job and you should get lots of info.

Well the news is as bad or worse than I feared. As much as I hate to continue to canibalize the 62 I bought this62 to take the drivetrain out of for the one I'm canibalizing. It's gas tank was crap but I know the front axle is good on it. looks like a full day of just labor for me tommorrow not counting run around time cause my homeowners ass. doesn't allow me to repair my vehicle at my house I have to go all over the world to work on it minor stuff in parking lots or random roadside, where ever I stop. this is gonna be fun

Well the news is as bad or worse than I feared. As much as I hate to continue to canibalize the 62 I bought this62 to take the drivetrain out of for the one I'm canibalizing. It's gas tank was **** but I know the front axle is good on it. looks like a full day of just labor for me tommorrow not counting run around time cause my homeowners ass. doesn't allow me to repair my vehicle at my house I have to go all over the world to work on it minor stuff in parking lots or random roadside, where ever I stop. this is gonna be fun

dude check to see if there is a mud member that lives around where you do that might be able to lend a hand and/or a place to work on your stuff.

man that'd be awesome yet another reason to join tlca. Realistically It won't happen in time. Barring furthur complications by high noon I'll be bloody knuckles deep in an axle swap, tank drop, and master o-ring replacement. With a side of brake bleeding. Lone Ranger style, well without tonto. fortunately I don't run out of daylight until almost nine p.

Anyone interested I live in fort myers, fl, 239-464-5334

Oh did I mention that the majority of my major repairs occur in the woods on the back of a friends goat farm in 2 foot tall grass and once I get there and comit to the job I better have everything cause I'm stuck 12 miles from a traffic light let alone parts store or gas station for drinks or snacks.

Oh did I mention that the majority of my major repairs occur in the woods on the back of a friends goat farm in 2 foot tall grass and once I get there and comit to the job I better have everything cause I'm stuck 12 miles from a traffic light let alone parts store or gas station for drinks or snacks.

mow the lawn first... Goodluck...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom