Military terminals (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
How did you guys connect fusible links to battery with military terminals? Bolt for power is too big and not sure what my options are?

The little black box and plastics wont reach through my battery box hole. If that's my only option I guess I have to. If others have done that and had a tight connection on post I can cut the hole bigger but grommet wont fit back in

This isn't a great picture, but it can be done. It's a tight fit through. Let me know if you find another way.
SmartSelect_20200730-220807_Gallery.jpg

How did you guys connect fusible links to battery with military terminals? Bolt for power is too big and not sure what my options are?
I drilled out my terminal end on the FL to fit the larger bolt.

If your posts are in the correct location for your year, there shouldn't be a problem attaching the FL to the battery terminal.

The positive terminal should be to the center of the truck and toward the rear. Not in the center or the front.

The 93+ year trucks should have a model 34R battery if I recall correctly.

We include an 8mm bolt with the ones we sell so this isn’t an issue. If you have a local hardware store (D&B and Thriftway have a lot of hardware around here), go there with the non-clamp bolt and get an 8mm to replace what you have (probably 3/8?).

@LandCruiserPhil has found another way
Thanks Our battery bracket kit relocates the power for the fusible links to the back of the box to reduce stress and keep links out of harms way. It also lets you the ability to run a group 31 along with a much safer mounting system.

7D3DCAA9-F6B1-40BC-817D-19824A55B5C2.jpeg

Delta, I bought this from you...doesn't fit.
I drilled out several other connections on the negative side but didnt want to mess with links integrity on the ends.
Battery is in correct position and orientation.

Delta, I bought this from you...doesn't fit.
I drilled out several other connections on the negative side but didnt want to mess with links integrity on the ends.
Battery is in correct position and orientation.
oh no! send order number and we'll send the correct stuff! must've been mispackaged or something.

@LandCruiserPhil
Looks like you have a wire going from Battery to fusible links...connected through the box? This would help me but I've read that the wire must also be fusible link and larger? Also read the links should be closest to battery? Idk

Here is what I did, works great.

View attachment 2389157
This is serving the function of fusible links as well? I was under the impression this was contrary to their existence. I'm not opposed to this at all just dont want to burn something to the ground with so much sweat and money into it.

@LandCruiserPhil
Looks like you have a wire going from Battery to fusible links...connected through the box? This would help me but I've read that the wire must also be fusible link and larger? Also read the links should be closest to battery? Idk

The jumper wire is #6 much more than needed and does not compromise the performance of the fusible links. The fusible link are there just behind the box out of harms way. I have run this set up on several Land Cruiser over the last 20years without any issue. But in the end do what makes you comfortable.

This is serving the function of fusible links as well? I was under the impression this was contrary to their existence. I'm not opposed to this at all just dont want to burn something to the ground with so much sweat and money into it.

Yes, it is a heavy gauge battery cable (from a Polaris Ranger) that goes back to the stud. The fusable links attach to the stud. 0 issues, as good as hooking to battery with less stress on the fuseable link wires IMHO. YMMV

I need to cover the stud with plastic / rubber cap though, just havnt got around to it.

Good advice here. I have had issues with an old negative terminal coming loose on bumpy roads. Wont start after I turn it off. I pop the hood jiggle it ...shim it and starts right up. I replaced the negative just fine and fixed my problem I hope. I'll be antelope hunting this week in the middle if nowhere without cell coverage and no other support. I'll wait on the positive parts to come in an run the old + terminal until I can do permanent solution as shown above. I also have a blue sea fuse box and some accessories I'd like to clean up anyway.
Thanks for your suggestions and to Delta for quick response in sending me the hardware.

I have this set up on my work truck. I'm going to figure out a way to do this like y'all have with the one post for links but posts for winch and other accessories as well
20200731_120342.jpg

20200731_120355.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom