Military Discount (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Not exactly off-road but Bass pro and Cabelle’s offers a 5% discount.

Bench Made offers a 30% discount, just verify through ID me.

I’ll never go to Lowe’s again, they bought my favorite hardware store chain and liquidated it. 🤬

I recently found out Summit Racing will give a discount if you call customer service and they’ll credit a refund.

CampChef pellet grills also have a awesome discount. Can’t remember if I got 20 or 25% but again you have to call customer service

Expertvoice.com is a great place to get a military discount on a variety of products. Goal Zero, Yakima, Mammut and Mountain Hardware are just a few of the companies that participate and offer 40% off MSRP. There are probably over a 100 companies that offer the military discount on there and the discounts range from 10-60% off MSRP.

Don’t forget about US standard issue for Oakley products.
Yup. Just ordered a pair of glasses yesterday. Over 50% off retail. All active duty, veterans, first responders and EMTs are eligible, through IDme or in store.

Lowes also offers the discount online.
Home Depot has to be in store.

Pep Boys has discount for active, retirees, and spouses.

When I don’t ask for military discount, they usually ask me if I’m military to give me the discount. Maybe it’s the hair, the clothes, the smell, out of state license, I don’t know, but it makes me laugh that it’s that identifiable.
We all know the discounts are not necessary and we all really do appreciate their support, when they give us a discount its their way of showing it. It also encourages me to go back that restaurant or store because I know they support us.
Even Veterans Day meals, I make sure I get a free sandwich or something. They go through great lengths putting those programs on, I support them supporting US.
It really is the little things that make it worthwhile, even though I feel the same, it’s a job I’m getting paid to do and enjoy doing it

Don’t be shy... always ask if they offer a military discount. We earned it and vendors don’t always post the availability. Lowes maintains a database... show your ID and ask them to add you to it... then simply use your phone# going forward. Autozone and Sportsman’s Warehouse also offer discounts. Often, when a vendor offers a discount, their competitors will also. Always ASK
Don’t be shy... always ask if they offer a military discount. We earned it and vendors don’t always post the availability. Lowes maintains a database... show your ID and ask them to add you to it... then simply use your phone# going forward. Autozone and Sportsman’s Warehouse also offer discounts. Often, when a vendor offers a discount, their competitors will also. Always ASK

Luke at 4x4labs offered me a military discount in the past after speaking with him. Not sure if it’s something he does for everyone but he was very supportive of the military and offered a code for a 10% discount. So if you need to get some sliders or bumpers for your rigs you can get a decent discount that way.

I’m always a fan of supporting a business that supports us, glad I found this thread.

I don't know if I ever asked Luke for a Veteran discount in the past, wonder if it only applies to AD, but that's good to know. Waiting to see if he's really going to release a rear bumper for the GX like he's been saying for well over a year now haha.

I really like expert voice. It takes a little while to get set up but there are a lot of big discounts on some cool stuff

I highly recommend outdoorprolink.com they have several outdoor brands with some very steep discounts. They offer a 35% discount off of Snow Peak products!

I believe I received one from them in the past after emailing them. Something like 5%.

For the vendors-

How do you account for the military discount? Do you use a verification service?

Do you take a guess at % that will use it and adjust margins to make up for it? Do you figure a Military discount will increase sales and make it a wash? Feel free to PM me if you don't care to post publicly.

I am a vet. I've never used a military discount and I have never offered a military discount in any of my B2C sales channels. I have always offered quantity based discounts to dealers.

I do not verify military or first responder status. Honestly I wish more people would use the code its rarely used. Served

No change in margins or accounting is made.

There are lots of reasons for my business, the bottom line is not priority.

I am a simple man.

I take a veteran discount if offered, I am not too proud not to ask especially if I can save a few bucks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom