Milestar patagonia MT (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Anyone heard of these? Chinese, Korean, Swahili? Looks good, good price.
milestar patagonia.jpg

Those look pretty wicked! Search pulls up as a Milestar/Tireco product. Dealer search from their website fails though they are listed as available through Discount Tire. Review look really good.

These just landed on my porch a few days ago. (305/70/16, 4 for $724 shipped) They look better in person. I struggled with this choice. My main concern was durability and how they did off-road. My other choice was kanati mud hogs, the federali MT, and the klevlars. I'll have these mounted next week and see how they do. A little apprehensive considering zero reviews online but I think I made the best choice
#thathighlife

0113170934.jpg

0113171040.jpg

Pics and evaluation after mounting... please.

They are getting mounted on Wednesday and they'll be on the trails all weekend. (more trail miles then road miles but my daily driver). I'll let you know how they do but truly, only time will tell.

OK, so, where are they made, US or China?

Pics and evaluation after mounting... please.
@skidplate
I got those tires mounted and gave them go. Really, only time will tell. Extreme cold or hot temps, long highway travel, and diffrent off-road situations.
164 miles is what I have tracked so far. Not nearly enough for an evaluation.
30ish miles on state forest roads. Cold packed dirt road, light snow and ice covered dirt roads
32 miles off road. Mud, ice, up to 6-7" of snows, water crossings, Rocky trails, off camber descents send tracks.
52 road miles dry back roads.
Tire pressures where 20, 30, and 40psi. On road they where not loud, but I can hear them. I hit 70mph a few times but nothing extended since I don't live by a highway. They where "planted" at 40psi. Handled fine around corners. At 30psi the felt a little squishy, but comfortable. Off road is where I really use these tires. And they did fine. I don't want to say great because I felt like the center lugs are too close together. In the snow they seamed to slip a bit more then my A/T's but my tire pressure was a bit higher than normal. (20psi vs 15psi, big difference) I had them burried pretty good and I could really hear them digging in. I could feel my rig sinking faster then it generally does. I sidewalled 2 rocks pretty hard on a washout. Lost 5psi in that tire but didn't do any damage. (ive hit that rock before but never that hard) all in all, I think they will do good and clear mud well. My only complaint is the center lugs being too close and the tread seems hard witch could lead to chuncking.

0128171749.jpg

0128171654.jpg

Thanks, that's the evaluation I was looking for. Keep us informed . :cheers:

Can you give another update on this tire? Thank you.

Ya, update....anyone?

Thinking about getting a set of these for my '99. Amazon carries them now, and they are offering free shipping.

How is the tread-life?

Thanks!

I put a set of these in 315/75r16 on my '92 the other day. Not many miles yet, but I like them so far. No trouble balancing them and they ride great. Very quiet on the road compared to my old tires. Great traction in slick mud on hardpan. Haven't been in anything deep.

Anyone have a long term update on these tire? I like the way they look and so far have seen more positive reviews on them. I'd like to know how they have been running on 80's. Thanks!

I decided to just buy these tires. So far they look good and they are more comfortable than the BFG's I had. They are surprisingly quiet on the road like the Cooper A/T3's I had on there before. So far I like them.

31239303_10156446137414244_4293395106041430016_n.jpg

I put a set of these in 315/75r16 on my '92 the other day. Not many miles yet, but I like them so far. No trouble balancing them and they ride great. Very quiet on the road compared to my old tires. Great traction in slick mud on hardpan. Haven't been in anything deep.

Bro, nice rig!

Did you re-geared your 80?
What about the 3f and the transmission? Are working forced? I'm looking for a new tires for my old 91 lady, but I need to know how it works on 35's without any mod. (Short budget, you know what I mean).

Bro, nice rig!

Did you re-geared your 80?
What about the 3f and the transmission? Are working forced? I'm looking for a new tires for my old 91 lady, but I need to know how it works on 35's without any mod. (Short budget, you know what I mean).
I'm still running stock gears. The stock 3fe does fine with them. However, terrain around here is pretty much flat and the only towing I have done with it is a lawnmower or 4-wheeler on a small trailer. If I was in a hilly or mountainous area and/or needed to tow a heavier load, I would probably need to re-gear.

@Spamcheese @gnarlytoes can I get a quick update. Specifically did the noise ramp up after they were on for a bit? Have you come to love the center ridge?

@Spamcheese @gnarlytoes can I get a quick update. Specifically did the noise ramp up after they were on for a bit? Have you come to love the center ridge?
I have about 5k miles in them and one rotation in with 5 wheels. They ride and sound like all terrains. With my suspension 850j/860 ome's I run a 30 psi all around as this gave me full patch contact to the ground. I tried 38psi and that made the center ridge stick out more. I have no additional weight and everything else is stock. Hope this help!

I have about 5k miles in them and one rotation in with 5 wheels. They ride and sound like all terrains. With my suspension 850j/860 ome's I run a 30 psi all around as this gave me full patch contact to the ground. I tried 38psi and that made the center ridge stick out more. I have no additional weight and everything else is stock. Hope this help!

Helps a bunch. Moving to the head of the list mt with at noise profile. Nirvana for my highway bias use case.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom