Miles per tank? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
What do you guys see for average miles per full tank (91-93 octane)? I'm new to the GX470, but coming from a couple different 120 4Runners, I expected at least 300. I seem to never hit that mark.

I realize there are a LOT of factors that go into this, not the least of which is driving style, but still. I baby the dang skinny petal almost all the time, and still am seeing sub-300 numbers. Normal? Something not right?

Thanks!

I'm running 255/75R17's:

7ud1kPh.png

Thanks for the detailed reply! You are pretty serious about keeping track. Which I was disciplined enough for that. I guess maybe this is normal, although I think you may be running a slightly larger size than me. I forgot to mention I'm running stock-sized terra grapplers on stock wheels. 265/65/17 I believe.

Thanks for the detailed reply! You are pretty serious about keeping track. Which I was disciplined enough for that. I guess maybe this is normal, although I think you may be running a slightly larger size than me. I forgot to mention I'm running stock-sized terra grapplers on stock wheels. 265/65/17 I believe.

I wasn't with my first GX, but I've only had this one for a few months so I had the opportunity to start with a clean slate. I may regret it in a few years when I realize how many thousands of dollars it has consumed, lol....but I figure the next owner will appreciate my attention to detail. I have PDFs of invoices for purchases, and track maintenance/upgrades on different tabs of the same spreadsheet.

Another high-mileage GX! :bounce:

I get 190-200 miles per tank. 35's, v8, all wheel drive and front and rear bumpers don't help. Averaging right at 12mpg

I get 225-230 per tank but mine is not a normal gx. Maintenance, weight, gears, etc all factor in.

Stock tank size is 23 gallons. So assuming fill ups are around 20 gallons. You all are reporting dismal mpgs!

I care alot about mpgs even though my other car is electric.

I get close to 300. Also the fuel range is very conservative. I've been showing 10 miles range left and only able to get 19 gallons in.

Mines an 04. I've literally went half a day with the gas light on and the most I've ever filled up is 19.5 gallons so I doubt it's a 23 gallon tank

Around town, 200 miles about 13mpg. That's a lot of 2-3 mile trips.
On the road 300 miles, about 17mpg. A lot of that is running through the mountains​

Depending on outside temperature and whether its city/highway, I get about 270-320 miles per tank in Michigan. I put 20-21 gallons in each time. My only mods are running board delete, slightly upsized Duratracs (I am accounting for the 3% difference in my miles on these tires). I tried inflating the tires closer to max PSI to get more mpgs, and i am not observing any difference. I only use 87 or 91 octane, mine is also a 2003, so no vvti either!

I get about 275 to 320 per tank, but I am totally stock

i have 265/65/17 nitto grappler at 40lb. 2" ironman lift and i get 300 miles per tank. i always fill up when i only have 1/4 tank left but i drive like a grandpa.

My best was just over 300 miles, but that was the proverbial "downhill with a tailwind" trip from Los Alamos, NM to Amarillo, TX. It's usually less than that, especially around town.

Toytec Boss 2.0 lift & 265/70R17 KO2s. Not adjusting for tire size, within a few percent is good enough for me.

Out of 122 fill-ups, I've gotten 300 miles out of a tank exactly once. But I've gotten over 200 miles 60% of the time. That's with a totally stock '04 GX, tires at 32 - 36 psi. Average of 14.2 mpg over the last 26k miles. Seems bad, but the cost per mile is still 1¢ less than my old diesel that got 20 mpg.

I stay right at 16MPG no matter what. That's up and down mountain roads and highway. I have a 2.5 lift all around pushing 285's, ARB front bumper & MT OPOR sliders/snorkel. I put nothing but 87 in the truck.

Mine weights roughly 1500 more than stock so there is that lol

Mine weights roughly 1500 more than stock so there is that lol

Holly Molly. That's 33% more than stock curb weight. What the heck did you add? I can't even imagine more than about 500 lbs of additional weight.

Holly Molly. That's 33% more than stock curb weight. What the heck did you add? I can't even imagine more than about 500 lbs of additional weight.

It adds up quickly. You can get 500lbs just in armor (easily). I'm planning out all aluminum and I'm still anticipating 1000lbs over stock and that's running weight, not packed. Spreadsheet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom