Mileage related to purchase price question/opinion (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I’d like to know, in this market, what you feel the relationship is between mileage (specifically lower) and price.

For example, I am looking at a 2008 w/ 194k for $22,500 and I have found a plethora of 2008-2011 with 120-150k for anywhere from $26,000-30,000.

Maintenance aside and roughly all things equal at what point is lower mileage a diminishing return compared to price? None of these mileage counts scare me at all, I’m more concerned with just making a wise overall decision.

Thank you.

Get the one in best condition with best service history.
Mileage is pretty irrelevant.
This^^^^^

More so than probably any other vehicle, instead of miles, price should be a reflection of history, care, and condition in Land Cruisers.

It also depends on whether its an LX or an LC... the prices do vary. But yeah, as everyone said, get the one with best maintaince and service. Try as much as possible to avoid rusty ones.

I was asking myself this same question the past 6 months as I was searching for a 2013-2015 LX570, but ended up buying a 2008 locally.

I ended up with a 2008 w/ 158k miles for $24,400. By KBB standards, I overpaid by $3k.

However, my new-to-me 2008 had:

1. Zero rust
2. One-owner
3. Lexus service every, and I mean every, 5k miles at the same exact dealer
4. Color combo I wanted
5. Driven by a 5'4" mom the entire time (Mall cruiser)

Hence, as @grinchy said...buy the one with best service history.

Oh...P.S. - The 2008 will cost me $200 less a year in car insurance than a 2013-2015.

Unfortunately my only snag with the 08 is it’s black, which is my last choice of color, trying to decide whether I can learn to live with it.

Unfortunately my only snag with the 08 is it’s black, which is my last choice of color, trying to decide whether I can learn to live with it.
Black was a non-starter for me as well.

While there are slim pickings, new ones do pop up.

Trust me...it is worth waiting for a zero rust and a color you'd like.

I like white or silver by a large margin, but a black LX came my way, and one thing it has going for it is that bumpers and sliders blend right in. They come color keyed!
It’s horrible for showing pinstripes though. Especially if they get to the base coat.

I do definitely plan on wheeling it…not lightly either. It’s tough when the cheapest one is a private seller, with wonderful maintenance records but with my last place color. Decisions, decisions…

I was asking myself this same question the past 6 months as I was searching for a 2013-2015 LX570, but ended up buying a 2008 locally.

I ended up with a 2008 w/ 158k miles for $24,400. By KBB standards, I overpaid by $3k.

1. Zero rust
2. One-owner
4. Color combo I wanted

Oh...P.S. - The 2008 will cost me $200 less a year in car insurance than a 2013-2015.
You got a steal....here in Utah, you would be looking at 10-15K more. Enjoy!

Buy it, spend some of the savings on getting it wrapped in a color you like. Color change and scuff protection all in one.

1. Zero rust
2. One-owner
4. Color combo I wanted

100% you did great!:cheers:

Buy it, spend some of the savings on getting it wrapped in a color you like. Color change and scuff protection all in one.
I had thought of this too! I love the matte gray on the TRD Pro’s!!!

Yes!! I think Toyota calls it "cement" but I've also seen a wrap in audi "nardo grey" that looks amazing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom