Mile Marker

Discussion in 'Winching and Recovery' started by 76BigheadFJ40, Aug 9, 2005.

1. 76BigheadFJ40

76BigheadFJ40

So I bought a Mile Marker 12000 about a year ago, and it pooped out a couple days ago. Is this typical for these kind of winches? Did I buy a poor quality winch without knowing? Let me know what you guys think. Should I have bit the bullet and splurged for a Warn or something? Thanks for your opinions.

2. dd113

dd113

Me and a buddy both bought Milemarker 8Ks on sale for $379 a pop. Both got light use and worked great for a while but then little issues popped up. Both are still fine but I would get a Warn for a little more money.

3. 76BigheadFJ40

76BigheadFJ40

yeah, I think that the clutch isn't engaging when you turn the handle to the "in" position, i dunno. Thanks for the input, and I'll start saving :cheers:

4. polarweasel

polarweasel Where's mah cruzah?

Ramsay is also a good one, though the dual-sided remote control kind of sucks... A neighbor has a big old Ramsay on his Blazer, another on his flatbed trailer that sees regular abuse, and I've got a more recent Pro8000 on my 60.

I'd like to try a hydraulic someday with a high-output pump, but for now this one's fine.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.