Mile Marker HI 1200 Hydraulic Winch Install Into Slee Shortbus Bumper (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I just noticed that my Slee Shortbus is a little different than the OP has. Towards the back of the winch I have a horizontal bar running across the top edge of the vertical plates... Hopefully I won't have clearance issues as it looks like it might clear.

It seems that I have a newer redesigned Slee Shortbus bumper, good news is that the HI12000 still fits! I did have to rotate a solenoid and "notch" my valence for solenoid clearance... I still have to route the hydraulic lines, a bit of an issue since I used the crossmember holes for a power steering cooler. So will have to figure something out.

IMAG0239.jpg

Towards the back of the winch I have a horizontal bar running across the top edge of the vertical plates.

That looks like a good addition by Slee and I'm glad to see the winch still fits for you!

Keep us updated on the progress! :cheers:

I ended up clocking the gear box ....Everything fit fine but it was close.

I followed Lantank's lead and did the same (2nd image in the first post). However, I had to install spacers under the feet of the winch to allow clearance for the solenoid pack.

On the bright side, if the solenoids die, they will be easier to get to in the position you have them in (top) as opposed to mine (bottom).

Well, I'm only 8 years late to this conversation. I have a 9,000 lb hydraulic Mile Marker and it is giving me fits...and has been since I bought it used for $300 three years ago. So, the winch leaks all the time. I have replaced the o-rings and verified the slotted flow disc is int the right place in the right orientation. It seems the leak comes from the solenoid and not the hydraulic lines. I have developed a groaning in my power steering and so I took the bumper and winch off (again) and bypassed the winch entirely. It's sitting in the garage where I occasionally go out and yell at it. So, now the winch is bypassed and I don't leak ATF anymore...and the power steering continues to groan and my PS reservoir is full of pink and frothy fluid. I was hoping @NLXTACY might have an idea on maybe a bigger reservoir or other magic fix? I think someone said a small hydraulic leak will have fluid leaking out, but a big leak will suck air IN. Is this true? Hopefully people will see this post, it's been a long time!

Only time my power steering pump groans and has frothy pink fluid in the reservoir is when my power steering fluid is running low. Depends where the leak is at it might push fluid out or suck air in.

My setup leaks from a hose that a local auto parts store didn't crimp the fitting on hard enough...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom