Mildly-built 2000 in MS

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

SOLD 3/5/2014 to a really nice guy. Hope he enjoys it as much as I did! He got a well-sorted, solid, rust-free truck that should run for another 200,000 trouble-free miles EASY!

It's time for me to replace my wife's GX, so I've decided to sell one of the "extra" vehicles to help fund it. It's a mildly-built 2000 in Jackson, MS, and here's what it is:

• 2000 UZJ 100 in excellent condition
  • Imperial Jade Mica
  • Tan interior
  • 176,XXX miles
  • Rear a/c
  • 3rd row seats
  • Weathertech mats first and second row and cargo area
  • Pioneer Premier double-DIN head unit with CD, Ipod USB connection, Bluetooth, HD radio, Satellite-ready, etc.
  • Interior LED lights
  • Suspension lift comprised of OME T-bars / OME 866 springs (about 2" level lift)
  • Slee diff. drop
  • OME shocks w/OME 60000 front sport shocks installed 5/13
  • ARB Safari front bumper, powder coated black, with stainless hoop, in-bumper fog lights and HID Off-Road lights
  • Metaltech-sourced Engo 10,000 lb. winch with synthetic line and wireless remote (installed in bumper, but not yet wired)
  • Bump It Off Road High-clearance rear bumper with hydraulic shock operated dual swing outs
  • 4xInnovations rock sliders
  • (4) 305/70-16 BFG KM2s with less than 5,000 mi., mounted on semi-flat black painted OEM LC wheels
  • Timing belt and water pump replaced at 168,000 miles
  • New front upper control arms, front lower ball joints, and OEM Toyota front half-shafts installed about 2,000 miles ago
  • All new rotors, 2 new front brake calipers and OEM Toyota brake pads all replaced about 5,000 miles ago
  • F&R diffs and t-case drained and refilled with Mobil 1 75W-90 gear oil about 4,000 miles ago
  • All 8 plugs replaced with proper iridium plugs about 500 miles ago
  • Starter replaced 2-12-2014
  • Both plastic T's and all 6 factory, molded heater hoses replaced 2-12-2014
$16,900

If you're interested, PM me with questions or your contact info.

Thanks,

David

100 (1).JPG

100 (3).JPG

100 (5).JPG

photo 1.jpg

8-27-2013 (2).jpg

Last edited:
This truck has had all the maintenance needed completed already. Truck is ready to go!

This truck has had all the maintenance needed completed already. Truck is ready to go!
Thanks Martin. Yeah, it's been a great truck for me.

FWIW: just received notification that my out-of-state buyer is not going to be able to make it here in a reasonable amount of time, so it's once again available.

Looks like a nice truck, a bit rich for my blood, but I'd like to see some more photos of that rear bumper. I'm sure it wouldn't hurt to add them to your FS thread!

BTW, your front bumper and winch setup looks bada$$ !!!

Some questions for you or people who have seen the vehicle.

1. Who has seen/inspected this vehicle and what were your thoughts? One person posted...that's it?
2. I don't see a winch listed, which is fine, just want to verify that winch is not part of the sale?
3. No aftermarket lockers listed, which is also fine just want to confirm.
4. The tire size equates to 35" or 33"?
5. Fuel mileage on average you are seeing? Just want to see what affect the bumpers and sliders have.
6. Still have the original front bumper? Maybe it's not feasible to put it back on due to cutting / welding for the bumper on it now?

1. Who has seen/inspected this vehicle and what were your thoughts? One person posted...that's it?
2. I don't see a winch listed, which is fine, just want to verify that winch is not part of the sale?
3. No aftermarket lockers listed, which is also fine just want to confirm.
4. The tire size equates to 35" or 33"?
5. Fuel mileage on average you are seeing? Just want to see what affect the bumpers and sliders have.
6. Still have the original front bumper? Maybe it's not feasible to put it back on due to cutting / welding for the bumper on it now?

#3 = From above: Metaltech-sourced Engo 10,000 lb. winch with synthetic line and wireless remote (installed in bumper, but not yet wired)

#4 = 305/70/16 is about 32.8" tall, so a "nominal" 33" tire

Thanks for the questions. My answers:

1. Who has seen/inspected this vehicle and what were your thoughts? One person posted...that's it? I'd be happy to answer this, but I'm not sure that's what you were intending. Anyone in our TLC chapter (CottonLand Cruisers) can attest to how nice the truck is or anyone who has seen it on the multiple rides I've attended (Southern Cruiser Crawl 2012, MardiKrawl 2013, GSMTR 2013)
2. I don't see a winch listed, which is fine, just want to verify that winch is not part of the sale? As stated above, it's referenced in the 14th entry in the list
3. No aftermarket lockers listed, which is also fine just want to confirm. No. 2000's have ATRAC, so there's really no need. Many say they think ATRAC works better than manual lockers, but I'm sort of ambivalent about that. The systems are apples and oranges. Both get the job done, it just depends on whether you prefer to control them manually or have the truck do it for you.
4. The tire size equates to 35" or 33"? As stated above, they're essentially 33s.
5. Fuel mileage on average you are seeing? Just want to see what affect the bumpers and sliders have. My daily driver is a completely stock 2003 LX470, and I've noted the 2000 gets about 1 to 1.5 mpg less. I suppose that comparison is not totally fair, as the LX has a 5-speed transmission vs the 2000's 4-speed.
6. Still have the original front bumper? Maybe it's not feasible to put it back on due to cutting / welding for the bumper on it now? No. The factory plastic is no longer with us.

Coming from the owner, I don't know how much weight this carries, but I think the truck is VERY nice. I have spent a great amount of time sorting out things I thought could be made better and I've replaced things that were at the age I thought worth replacing. Again, I've had many positive comments on the truck, so I must not be too far off in my assessment.

If you have any other specific questions or want photos of anything, just let me know. I'm happy to provide whatever information you need, as this is a no-excuses truck.

As I mentioned before, if it were not time to replace my wife's GX, there's absolutely no way I'd be selling it.

Thanks!

My thoughts right now are that the truck has too many goodies on it for what I need. I'd be paying for and insuring those goodies I may never use. So this truck is easily worth the asking price but for me, since I don't need all the goodies it has, I'd be spending more than I can justify.

DANG IT!

My thoughts right now are that the truck has too many goodies on it for what I need. I'd be paying for and insuring those goodies I may never use. So this truck is easily worth the asking price but for me, since I don't need all the goodies it has, I'd be spending more than I can justify.

DANG IT!

You can also see it in this other way:
Better to have it and not need it than....

Great looking 100
Free Bump

Think of the bumpers as an insurance policy against wildlife, other critters or bonehead drivers that like to run into people. I don't own a car that doesn't have an ARB/TJM/SLEE bumper slapped on at least the front of it. Even on the wife's kid hauler that would probably stall out and throw codes if all 4 wheels left the pavement. For me and my family that PROTECTION or INSURANCE is the difference between several totaled vehicles being stranded on the side of the road and driving home safely saying "I hit this or that" and getting a hose and a scrub brush to wipe away the remnants. With several unfortunate incidents under our belts we haven't visited a body shop and to date the powder coat still wipes off and cleans up great. These bumpers are great for off-roading but for me and my family I place more value in their "on-road" performance. Just my $.02.

PS - This looks like a dandy hundy...................everything appears complete and ready to go.............surprised someone hasn't snatched it up yet. GLWS

DANG IT!

That's some backwards logic, but you could always sell the extra "goodies" you don't need and make out good on it. Especially seeing that you're in Colorado, I'd say you'd have any part of that truck sold quick. If I were near by, I'd happily give you my stock bumper for that one.

See, that to me is the backward logic; with respect to a monthly payment. It doesn't make sense to pay a higher monthly payment due to higher cost of vehicle with the "extra" goodies: The monthly payment won't decrease after I sold the goodies I didn't want.

;)

How bout he sell me the vehicle as if it didn't have some of the goodies and then when I take them off and sell them I'll send him the money.??? (I know, I know, "yeah right")

Just back from another AWESOME Southern Cruiser Crawl at Superlift Park in Hot Springs (in my 80, not in this 100), and I thought I'd give it a little bump.

No one out there wanting an outfitted, sorted-out 100?

As an alternative: if you prefer a different look than the black wheels and KM2s, I'll sell it with factory 18s and virtually new 305/60-18 Terra Grapplers for $17,400 obo

Just a thought......

8-27-2013 (14).jpg

photo 2.jpg

8-27-2013 (13).jpg

8-27-2013 (15).jpg

DANG IT!

I can attest that this truck is in fantastic condition. I live in Jackson and have seen the truck in person. I doubt you will have any gripes about the condition of the truck.

I also have a white 2000. I have the front bumper (wrong color) in my garage and the rear bumper still attached my LC. Maybe you could work out something with DNP to swap out the bumpers to get a truck more like you want it. THe bumpers would have to be painted but you wouldn't have all the stuff you don't need....Just a thought.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom