Might need a quick PN for the heater blower motor (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
My blower has always been a bit finicky. I need to check the connections, but in the event I need a new blower, does anybody have a PN at their finger tips for a heater blower for a 1994 ? Any other models use the same PN ?

All 80s use the same EXCEPT it seems there is a w/AC and w/o AC option on the blower motor. Odd.
(01/1990 - 01/1998)
• 87103-26020
• 87103-60150 w/AC

This simple project has taken a frustrating amount of time. The readily available aftermarket blowers will not seat properly in the dash housing. I’ve been to NAPA, Oreilly’s, & Autozone. All have the same plastic part that links the motor unit, to the housing under the dash. Oreilly’s & Autozone both carry a blower unit made by an outfit goes by VDO. The NAPA unit is not labeled, but has the same plastic part, so I suspect the same supplier.

The pic shows the plastic part, next to the Denso housing. I don’t know if you can see the “well” in the center, between the plastic squares of the OEM housing, and the same area on the plastic part is flat in the center. (You can see some abrasion in the center of the plastic part, as I wiggled, before I figured out, it would not seat). This plastic part comes in the box with the motor. This slight difference in this part, keeps the motor from seating in the dash housing

Since I have tried all local options, next would be an internet provider. Pics on the computer screen, are not reliable. Since return of an internet purchase would be dramatically more expensive & troublesome. Wondering if anybody has had RECENT experience with blower motor units from 4 seasons, or 5 Star Manufacturing.

BA834339-39E4-45F1-8939-9A88D252F681.jpeg

8F98D0AE-C97D-41C6-A4B6-02C001725958.jpeg

I got a Four Seasons from Rock Auto about 3 months ago. I had to modify the wire ends (mainly so I didn't have to cut off the factory connector on the harness side) but it fit like it is supposed to.

Make sure you are getting the w/AC version, unless you don't have AC. From what I can tell the without version seems to have a longer shaft.

Last edited:
I have installed several of the units that I bought from Oreilly’s and I have never encountered this problem. Never had reason to closely examine any of them. Just bolted them right in. Maybe they have changed since the last one I installed (last year IIRC).

Mark...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom