Might as well introduce myself (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I bought a '97 80 w/lockers last week in South Carolina, it was advertised here on mud. Its had 3 owners and a nice stack of records so I know the history very well.

I had an '08 FJ Cruiser Trail Team that was nicely built but everytime we went wheeling I was afraid of breaking a new truck. I did have to have dent fixed at a body shop from our first ride. With the 80 i wont be as afraid of scratches and such.

FJforMJC003.jpg

As I looked I decided an 80 would be perfect. Lots of room and still plenty capable along with great reliability. It is in great shape for the age and miles and currently doesnt need any maintnance. I am planning on doing the head gasket soon as a precaution since I dont want to get stranded somewhere and it will be a tow rig for our small camper.

I have a new stereo to go in this week along with speakers and a Scanguage.

Future plans are a sliders, lift, 35s, regear, front bumper and winch (liking that Redline prototype), rear bumper (are there any that tow a decent load or am I stuck with the hitch hanging down) rear storage (liking that Hanna stuff coming up), on board air (like the York if someone wants to get rid of a mount) or CO2, lighting and who knows what else I decide on. I like to follow built up Jeeps and show them that they arent the only capable ones out there.

Ive read the FAQ which have answered a bunch of questions already.

Here is the truck:
Land Cruiser 004.jpg
Land Cruiser 005.jpg

nice upgrade:cheers:

Bienvenido!!! = Welcome!!! :flipoff2: You will become addicted!!!

Welcome!

Nice Truck

Hate I missed seeing it at the meeting on Saturday.

Welcome to MUD

Welcome :flipoff2: itll be interesting to hear how you think the 80 wheels compared to the fj

welcome, I believe your 80 is the cleanest ive ever seen in person, it was great meeting you and i look forward to riding with you in the future, and watching you turn that thing into a beast!

Welcome, I love the red color

Welcome!:flipoff2:

I remember seeing that 80 before only b/c of the centered sombrero on the rear liftgate.

Good purchase!

You bought that 80 before I had a chance to.. Nice rig! Sounds like it went to a good owner. Out of curiousity, where are you located? I was going to bring it to Atlanta.

You bought that 80 before I had a chance to.. Nice rig! Sounds like it went to a good owner. Out of curiousity, where are you located? I was going to bring it to Atlanta.

Brought it to Mobile, AL.

Im gonna try and take it to our normal trails soon and see how it compares to the FJ. I think stock for stock may be close with a slight advantage to the 80 because of the solid front axle, the FJ seemed to always carry a front wheel. The true front locker is also an advantage over the FJ's electronic ATRAC.

When I finally do a build Ive decided to name it "Pavement Princess to Trail Slut". This 80 has been a pavement pounder its whole life and I plan to wheel the wee out of it and make it a trail whore. Quite fitting I think.

If my plans all come together like I want it will be big change from its stock form.

This forum and the info in it is great.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom